OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Remington lovers site.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remington lovers site.
    Posted: December/11/2006 at 04:09

http://r7l.7.forumer.com/index.php

Now......This link ain't for everybody.

All you Remmy "haters" just keep moving along....Nothing to see here. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2006 at 12:26
Thanks, I joined
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2006 at 04:25

Lets get that web site kicked up. Start posting!

Good site, just seems kinda slow... 

longbow308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longbow308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2006 at 11:25
CT

THAT SITE HAS SOME GOOD STUFF ON IT.
I LIKE IT.
longbow308
Aim small Miss small
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2006 at 12:15
Now if someone would just come up with a precision AR10 forum...............................
ade! View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ade! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2007 at 15:06
Thank's for putting the link on ,i'll return the favour.
This isn't a bad forum too,so do i get discount if i buy a scope from SWFA.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2007 at 15:29

Originally posted by ade! ade! wrote:

Thank's for putting the link on ,i'll return the favour.
This isn't a bad forum too,so do i get discount if i buy a scope from SWFA.

Hello, Sir!

Glad your here.

dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2007 at 13:52

Cheaptrick,

Pretty cool site. & look at you, TEAM SWFA.

Joe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2007 at 15:27
Originally posted by dilligaf dilligaf wrote:

Cheaptrick,

Pretty cool site. & look at you, TEAM SWFA.

Joe

Thanks Brother.

I miss seeing you and Mithran around like we did it back in the day.

Your commentary was and is ALWAYS appreciated, my friend.  

Hell, to get Mithran to come and actually post, I have to pay people to start ACOG threads... 

Mentioning ACOGS around here is like rubbing a lamp and watching a Mithran Genie jump out.

As far as the SWFA Team Member title, I'm honored to have it.

As you know, SWFA is GOOD people.

My wife say's Optics Talk is the only place she knows that I can run my mouth and actually get rewarded for it.........

How's "bidness"??

dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2007 at 16:35

Cheaptrick,

Been a while brother, how are you? Hows you warden doing?  I need to start coming around more often. I still talk to Chris and Brady every now and again. Normally its when I am ordering some optics or other stuff.

Business is good brother. I have both of my older boys working for me after school. We do a lot of stocks for MCS so that keeps them busy. Havent even shot much lately. Got to go out the day after christmas and pop a few rounds. I gave my older boys each a rifle for Christmas soooo being the good dad that I am, I HAD to take them out the day after Christmas.

I have decided to do a couple of the sniper shoots this year. I sold it to the warden as a great way to advertise our camo. So I had GAP build me another 300WM. Moon is building it and brother this thing is bad to the bone. It makes my old one look like it came from Walmart.

We got a little lull (6 - 8 hr days are a lull) while everyone is at SHOT. Heck, I even got around to doing one of my own guns!!!!!!! If I remember right, your a Glock guy. Here is what I'm carrying most of the time right now. Yea, I know, (this isnt the twilight zone) me the die hard 1911 guy with a Glock.

I picked this up a while back for CCW. It hadnt been fired much but had seen a lot of holster time. (Most of the finish on the slide was worn off) so I refinished it CeraKote dark earth on the slide/frame and graphite black on the controls and barrel. Shoots ok but the trigger sucks. mabey I will get around to fixing it this week

Gotta go, warden just said chow is served.

Joe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2007 at 19:04

Nicely done!

Here's my old Faithful.

G17 Gen II in a Comp-Tac paddle holster

I have thought of sending her your way to get a "make over" more than once.

I'll probably do that later this year.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2007 at 09:01

Joe, just wanted to tell you how proud we here at Optics Talk are of you.

Everybody that I've seen online that had you do work for them has been thrilled.

Anybody out there reading this thread that's considering having their firearms "made over" this year, would be well served sending them to Joe. 

Your one of this forum's very own, Joe, and we wish you the best in your endeavors, my friend. 

dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2007 at 13:57

Thanks bro.

The really cool thing about that Glock is I used the thermal coating on the frame. I have spoken to Glock & NIC trying to figure out a way to heat these frames with out damaging them. NIC told me the lowest temp their coating will cure at and I figured this was as good astime as any to try it out. Now I just need to abuse the heck out of it & if it holds up well I will offer this to our customers.

rootmanslim View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2007 at 16:26
Who started the story that 722/21/25/00 extractors are NG. I keep seeing all this hoopla about spending big bucks to install a SAKO extractor (to give the gas away to get in your face). Due to inept handloading I have pulled chunks of rims off 222s and 300 H&Hs in 722/21s and those extractors are still working fine. So what's the deal another urban legend or have their been some real side by side tests to see which system fails first when loads are too hot?
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2007 at 17:16

Old Faithfuls in Alessi Leather, G-20 and 19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2007 at 17:19

Oh Yeah!!!

Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 11:45
Hmmm... it's called Remington thread but all I see are Glocks. The extractor question is about Remington... guess nobody knows?
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 12:06

Originally posted by rootmanslim rootmanslim wrote:

Hmmm... it's called Remington thread but all I see are Glocks. The extractor question is about Remington... guess nobody knows?

Your right, so let's get back on track. The Glock has an external extractor and none of mine has ever failed. The internal extractors on my M700's have not failed either. If you look at the length of curve on the Remy extractor you can see that it actually gives more coverage than many claw extractors. My M98 has less............

Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootmanslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 12:49
So why the "change to SAKO" hype?
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2007 at 13:13
It's an answer to a non-existent problem. It's kind of like the HK 416 .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic