OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

PLAY NICE!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLAY NICE!!!!
    Posted: December/09/2006 at 07:55

To my beloved forum members:

Folks, there seems to be a lot of  bull sh*t going on here lately.

Not sure if it's cabin fever, the stress that the silly season brings on, or what.

I'm talking about the drawn out, I have to get the last word in, knock down, drag out threads, etc.

That said:

I'm NOT a moderator, hall monitor, nanny, or anything like it, and have no authority what so ever to reprimand anyone.

I'm asking for some help.

This is, was, and will always be SWFA's website. Chris calls the shots here!

Chris Farris has graciously given this forum for all to use, for the benefit of shooters everywhere.

Chris has allowed us to run wild on here and moderate ourselves.

The people that hangout on this forum are top notch, for the most part.

We have a awesome body of shooters that come from every conceivable background imaginable. 

Benchrest shooters, military operators, big game hunters, etc.

All under one roof, so to speak.

BUT.....This place LATELY is starting to look like the other "lesser" online forums where arguments abound and folks spend too much bandwidth "smart assing" someone else.

AR15.com comes to mind.

Great place to gather info on AR's, but good God Almighty...theres a virtual fist fight around every post!! 

Think twice, post once!!!

If it's not constructive, or helpful, let it go.

I'll keep my pie hole shut too.

This is THE BEST forum on the net.

Cease fire, kiss and make up, PM someone an apology, or whatever you feel led to do.

That's all I got.....out!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 08:51
This forum is, by far, better than any of the shooting/outdoor sports forums out there. Even on our darkest days we are relatively civil here. Cheaptrick is right about AR15.com. GlockTalk and ArcheryTalk get some really vicious attacks, too. GlockTalk moderators do what they can but the sight is so huge that it is hard to do.
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 09:43

Alright, alright I drank one too many cups of vault before my last post, I will fix it I promise.

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 10:18

Cheaptrick,

Thanks for posting your sentiments.  I'm calling for a...........

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.  In all honesty, I couldn't agree more.  This site does kick butt.  We should all strive to keep the content & quality of posts top notch.

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 11:54

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!

That is offensive.........yuk

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 13:50

I have received some PM's from folks asking if it's still OK to flame "rootmanslim" should he "dumb up" and come calling here again.

Or, should we consider slim a "friendly" and cut him some slack??

My answer to these people is if slim is caught out in the open..... 

Commence Fire...Fire At Will!!!

Thanks everyone.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 13:53

Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

This forum is, by far, better than any of the shooting/outdoor sports forums out there. Even on our darkest days we are relatively civil here. 

Very true.....Our worst days here look like church choir practice compared to

Glock Talk.....Sheesh!  

Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 15:25
I agree with Cheaptrick we do not want to sound like a group of children or politicians running for office. Please keep the correspondence informative and respectful and everyone will gain from this dialog.

Duce   
Duce
polarcow View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote polarcow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 17:16

+1

Absolutely a more civil forum than most, if not all, I have been to.

Next time anyone (including myself) is starting to light the flame thrower just remember: Everyone is an expert on the internet.

I found this pic on a military forum and I thought some might like it. :)

http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=317543762&size=o

-polarcow

silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 19:01

Group Hug?  Where's the smiley of two people getting togther and smile as they stab each other in the back?

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2006 at 19:25
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

Group Hug?  Where's the smiley of two people getting togther and smile as they stab each other in the back?

Silver, see "would you remarry?" on the Anything Goes forum. 

Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2006 at 11:19
Sorry for the rants, guys.  Every now and then, I will drink and post.  Not a good thing.  I agree though, this by far is the best forum on the web.  I will be civil.  Not sure about the group hug.Smile
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2006 at 10:10

Friends don't let friends drink and post.   

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2006 at 13:04

This is the only forum where I chat and post my latest optic and shooting findings.

I have not had a chance to visit other forums but I really like Optics Talk and feel

that there is some very genuine people here. The only thing that I do not like about

the OT is that it is ran by a merchant,(no offense a very good merchant with great

workers)I feel limited at times with the market info I can share with you all.

I agree with Cheap, lets try our best to make this the best forum on the net. Since

I do not know how other forums run or the edicate if there is any tips you would

like to suggest please PM me, I will take it with no offense. Happy shooting all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2006 at 04:22

Thanks everyone!

SVD, try logging on to AR15.com or Glock Talk to see what I'm wanting to avoid... 

Those sites are full of great information and good people, but the BS that takes place there is out of hand.

Just seems that some comments made here lately are a little "chippy".

I'll watch what I say and how I say it too.

My fear is that if we don't get a hold of it now, our forum will turn into a monster like one of the ones I mentioned.

You guys and SWFA are what makes Optics Talk what it is.

Nowhere on the net can a guy come in looking for optics advise and get the informed and PRACTICAL level of information that this forum gives out on a daily basis. 

There's something for everyone here.

As I have said, Optics Talk is the most comprehensive optics website on the net.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2006 at 09:34
  I must have missed something.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic