OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Would you remarry?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Would you remarry?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [16.67%]
11 [61.11%]
2 [11.11%]
1 [5.56%]
1 [5.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would you remarry?
    Posted: December/07/2006 at 13:58
I've been reading SVD666's post about his recent marriage.  I've been married for 18 years, and would be completely lost without my wife and two children, BUT, if something were to happen to her, I would not remarry ("something happening" would have to be death; divorce is not an option.  If it were, we'd have done it a long time ago).  What about you guys?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2006 at 14:41

I have 17 years here and no matter what happened I would take a breather. Rebound relationships can come up too fast to think straight.

Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2006 at 15:05
I have been married for 8 years and dated my wife for five years prior to that. If we were to divorce or if something happened to her, No I would not re-marry.
If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2006 at 15:09
Married twice.  1st one paid to have me killed.  Should have spent more money. 

Been married to #2 for 26 with no end in sight. 

Wouldn't do it again.
lucznik View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucznik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2006 at 15:12

Originally posted by mwyates mwyates wrote:

I've been reading SVD666's post about his recent marriage.  I've been married for 18 years, and would be completely lost without my wife and two children, BUT, if something were to happen to her, I would not remarry ("something happening" would have to be death; divorce is not an option.  If it were, we'd have done it a long time ago).  What about you guys?

That's a tough question.

I've been married for over 11 years and like you, I would be completely lost without my family (I have three children.)  Were something to happen I would not be rushing out to find another spouse but, I'm still reasonably young so, I would not want to say that I would "never" get married again.  I would be somewhat inclined to wait at least until my children were grown and out of the house.

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2006 at 15:14

I voted "Probably not".

Sentenced, I mean married  for going on 14 years now. 

Damn Mike!!

I thought MY first wife was hard to get along with........

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2006 at 15:25
Well, it's all good,now.  The first year was tough.  I think we really started to understand each other after about 5 years.  It's that first few years I couldn't do again.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2006 at 12:17

It will be 20 yrs in April. This is my second attempt the first wife and I were not together 6 months. I  like being married,  it's not always easy but if something happened to her I might after careful consideration remarry because it is nice to have someone else to be around and do things with. I like women and I find them attractive and interesting.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
ranburr View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranburr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2006 at 17:13

I was smart enough to never do it the first time.  Looking at how many of my friends have had multiple marriages and divorces, I think I made a wise move.  Plus, I like the fact that I can go out and buy a new toy anythime I want.  I am not against marriage, my wife just hasn't been born yet. 

ranburr

sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2006 at 19:04
Don't think I could find another one like her, got married late in life and dated plenty of psychos along the way....I'd say the odds are seriously against remarrying
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2006 at 23:04

Nope,

Couldn't find one that could replace her.  It's the same with the caliber I shoot. Hey, there's a bunch of different ones out there.

But, I've known this one too long to think about changing.  When things click, It's MAGIC!!! 

I just don't believe lightin' can strike twice.

"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
longbow308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longbow308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2006 at 15:48
PROBLEY COULDN'T FIND ONE TO PUT UP
WITH MY HOBBY

longbow308
Aim small Miss small
scrubhunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrubhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2006 at 19:18

I've been lurking for a few weeks now.  I finally was able to register the other day, cookie problems of some sort.  Anyhow, I can't believe this is what my first post is in response to but here goes.  I've been married for almost 10 years now and have two beautiful girls that I love more than words could ever say.  I would never say I regretted getting married because if I hadn't they wouldn't be here.  Having said that, coming home to my significant other everyday is like having a stomach full of broken glass!  She has to be the most angry person I have ever met in my life.  I'm sure she is just as unhappy as me even though she swears differently.  All she does is worry, so much so that it gives ME ulcers!  It doesn't matter how good of a time we have at something she finds something to complain about!  We could win the lottery and she would complain about having to buy gas to drive up and pick up the check! 

Our first couple of years were great, I mean we never argued that I can remember our first year.  After our oldest was born though it's as though a switch was turned on to witch mode!  It's so bad that I want to leave but the thought of another man helping raise my kids boils my blood.  So, I have come to the conclusion that I will just wait it out till either the kids are grown, it get's better, or one of us dies!  Something tells me the dirt nap will win out for me!

On a lighter note, I love the site fellas!  I'm glad I stumbled across it.  Optics are a mystery to me and you guys have certainly unravled alot of info for me!  I hope to be able to contribute!

medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2006 at 15:03
33 years for me, mostly great, but if something would happen now I do not think that I would remarry again. Guns more fun now.......
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic