OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Have i doomed my sefl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oosickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have i doomed my sefl
    Posted: December/06/2006 at 15:19

I have recently bought a new stevens model 200 (cheap good gun) and looked around in my price range and picked a Bsa Panther 3x10x40 rifle scope. Not knowing what the experts think. I have a bsa sweet 17 on my Marlin 717 .17m2 and its great. Im getting head shots on jackrabbits out here at like 70 yards. So I never thought bad of the brand. So when it came time to up the anit to .30-06 i thought i was making a good choice. I would be very greatful for your input my price range is very small (120-150$)  

http://www.swfa.com/pc-5523-476-bsa-3-10x40-panther-riflesco pe.aspx

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 15:34

Welcome to The OT!!

Are you wanting the same BSA scope for the .06, or something better, but only want to spend up to $150 dollars??

I'm confused....

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
oosickness View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oosickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 15:46

I had the gunsmith put a Bsa Panter 3x10x40 on the Model 200 and i pick it up this saterday and im starting to second guess my self. Im going to use it for Boar and target and maybe a small critter hear and there.

oh and thanks for the welcome 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 15:55

So, your afraid the scopes going to fail you on the bigger rifle?

oosickness View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oosickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 15:59
im afraid the i might have gotten lucky on the sweet 17 and the panther might be total crap. i picked it because it said water proof, it had a sun shade and shock resistant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 16:10

Originally posted by oosickness oosickness wrote:

im afraid the i might have gotten lucky on the sweet 17 and the panther might be total crap. i picked it because it said water proof, it had a sun shade and shock resistant

OK, I copy you now.

Your post was rather cluttered and I missed the "message".

You can sell the scope locally, or on ebay, or you can take it out and shoot it and see if it holds up for you.

I'd probably sell it and get a Nikon Buckmaster off the Sample list for $150.00.

http://www.samplelist.com/default.asp?display_num=10&mfg _selection=9&prod_type=-1&hide_sold=true

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic