OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Go Gators!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Go Gators!!!
    Posted: December/04/2006 at 04:06

Anybody watch any collage football over the weekend?? 

Justice prevails.....

I'm not sure what I like better.

The fact that my beloved Gators are going to the big dance, or the fact that Southrn Cal ain't going....

Go Gators!!!!

Beat the Buckeyes!!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Sneaky View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2006 at 09:57
I know you're a huge gators fan but I dont think they deserve to be in the game.  I'm a huge Michigan fan and them dropping out of the title game because they lost by three to Ohio St. at the horse shoe doesn't make any sense.  I think the experts didn't want to see a Michigan vs Ohio St. rematch and I know the buckeyes didn't want to see that.  I think Ohio St. is going to blow out you're Gators but I guess we'll have to wait and see, thats why they play the games.  I was watching the selection show with my buddy who is also a huge gator fan, their was a lot of trash talk going on.  It was all in good fun though.  The Michigan USC game should be a good one and hopefully my Wolverines will get revenge on them from their Rose Bowl loss a few years ago.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2006 at 12:00

Since my Longhorns quarterback got hurt and they slipped,,  Chomp!!!!!!!!!  Go Gators

Michigan lost to the only good team they played; Florida beat a bunch of good teams.  The SEC has no equal (and I'm a Big 12 guy).

Cheap,

I'm with you; SC's loss was the best thing this weekend.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2006 at 15:39

Sneaky:

Sooooo we "reward" Michigan for already loosing to OSU, even though they had their chance to beat them once and failed?? They failed to win their conference, failed to beat OSU, but somehow deserve another shot at the championship?? 

Right??

Honestly, if Michigan could win the next game with OSU, what would that prove? 

Both teams would be one and one.

Michigan is a good football team, but didn't have play the schedule that Florida did.

Not even close....Nobody did.

Add to the fact that the Gators played one more game than Michigan played.

I watched every game the Gators played this year, except the W. Carolina blow out at the Swamp.

Did they win pretty? NO.

Did they look like championship caliber team every game. No. 

DID THEY WIN THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN THE NATION??? You bet!!

As a fan, I didn't think that Meyer should be talking about the BCS last week, when he needed to win the SEC first.

After the big win, on a worthy opponent, I think they deserve a shot at the championship.

Michigan had their chance to be sitting in "the cat bird seat" and blew it.

Sneaky View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2006 at 18:23
I agree Michigan did blow it, twice in the last six minutes of the game.  First was the three and out after the fumbled snap and the second was when they stopped them on third and fifteen and Crable got flagged on a late hit on Smith.  I think the only thing that this whole ordeal proves is that the BCS is screwed up, they have to come up with a better system than the one that is in place now.   Obviously I will argue until the end why I think Michigan should be there and you the same for the Gators, that's what being a fan is all about.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2006 at 18:27

The OSU/Michigan game was a classic!!

I honestly wouldn't mind a Mich/OSU rematch! 

Yes, I concur that the BCS blows!

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2006 at 22:49
I am a Michigan fan, and yes, the Gators had a harder schedule and deserve to be there. Big Ten is going to take care of them any way. Honestly, both of those games won't matter a hole lot to me. I hope I'm sitting in my ice shanty catching perch both games.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2006 at 07:43

ok ok - here we go.........

Florida had the toughest schedule in the country.  Michigan had the 23rd or so toughest in the country.

(sidenote: South Carolina had the 5th hardest in the country - GO COCKS!!!! hahah)

Florida, without a doubt, deserves it - the BCS system is screwy at best.  Look at 3 years ago when auburn went undefeated

and sat on the sidelines as USC routed Oklahoma - terrible game as a result of the BCS system.

Go gators - i am not a fan, but the SEC deserves a team in the big game - we ARE the toughest conference w/out a doubt.

my 2 cents.

J

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2006 at 11:37

Thanks Johnny!!

You just can't play for a NC and NOT win your conference....Sorry Michigan fans.

That said, OSU is a GREAT ball team and will probably beat the Gators.

The Gators costly penalites (lead Div I schools ), will be their undoing.

In order for Flo. to win, they need to play a perfect game.

I don't think they can not shoot themselves in the foot.

TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2006 at 11:57

There will never be a perfect system, until the start a playoff system.  I don't know why we go through this every year and they talk about a playoff system, only to go with this tainted BCS format.

There is numerous mistakes with the BCS System, but the coaches agree on the system, so they should know going in that your school might get screwed one of these years..

All that said "We do have some nice match ups this year, but not perfect."   Same thing the last five years, except for last years NC game..

Let's get a playoff system already...  Better for the fans anyways....

I hope the gators beat the snot out of the Buckeyes...

Go Big Blue against USC....

We refuse to compromise our quality for pricing.
100% USA Made.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2006 at 18:45
Cool avatar there Cheaptrick, Gators win and I'll send you some Bombay...............

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 09:10

Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Cool avatar there Cheaptrick, Gators win and I'll send you some Bombay...............

Thats Bombay "Sapphire", my friend....

Thank you, but 'ol cheaptrick doesn't "pull a cork" anymore.

Stopped drinking several years ago due to.....uh...problems stemming from overindulgence issues.  

Thanks for the well wishes none the less, my friend.

TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 12:29
Gators win and you can send me his Bombay...
100% USA Made.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 12:39

Originally posted by TPS_Phil TPS_Phil wrote:

Gators win and you can send me his Bombay...

If the Gators win Phil, I'll be "high" enough!!  

TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2006 at 17:55

I bet....

I'm not a huge Ohio State fan, so go Gators....

100% USA Made.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2007 at 14:06

IT'S SHOW TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHOMP!!!!!!!!

jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2007 at 14:55

go gators!!!!!! - they have their hands full tonight

i hope ole urban has a few tricks up his sleeve.

J

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2007 at 15:26

I got money on your Gators, Cheaptrick.  I was going to bet on "THE" Ohio State University but just couldn't bring my self to do it.  It would be hard to root for them knowing you would be rooting for Florida.

With two months to prepare a game plan, it should be a wild game.

GO GATORS !!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2007 at 15:35

Go Gators!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2007 at 18:12
Originally posted by Chris Chris wrote:

It would be hard to root for them knowing you would be rooting for Florida.

GO GATORS !!!!

Thanks, Brother!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic