OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris 4x16-44 Signature Select Rifle Sco

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris 4x16-44 Signature Select Rifle Sco
    Posted: December/02/2006 at 17:52

I shoot a Ruger M77 300 Win Mag.  I load my own rounds.  I shoot a 180 gr Hornady Interlock at 3100 fps.  When I started hand loading, I discovered that the piece of junk scope that came on the rifle (bought used, only shot 20 times) can't handle the heavy mag rounds recoil.  I am looking at the Burris 4-16x44 Signature Select Rifle Scope with Posi-Lock and Parallax Adj (AO).  Wonder about the Posi-Lock, and comments on the this particular scope.

I have a Burrris Fullfield II 3-9x40 on my 270.  I really like that scope, but would like a better scope for my 300.  I shoot anywhere out to 600 to 700 yards off of my bipod.  Hunt in open and in trees in all weather conditions.  I hunt for any kind of animal from coyotes to moose and bear (mainly elk and deer).

I hope this is enough information.  I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 20:33

The high tension recoil spring that replaces the posi-loc in the non posi-loc signature select models

is a much better feature. Posi-loc sucks, you pinpoint zero your scope,activate it and walla your POI

changes. You could fight with posi-loc for quite a while for a true pinpoint zero. The 4-16x44

signature select is a exellent choice for your aplication with the ballistic mil-dot.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic