OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper
    Posted: December/01/2006 at 22:43
I want to get the 10 x 42 side adjust and was wondering if they are in stock. If any of the SWFA crew could tell me if they have them, I will order one shortly. My Grendel has been telling me to get one for it....
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 03:03

Originally posted by Charlie70 Charlie70 wrote:

I want to get the 10 x 42 side adjust and was wondering if they are in stock. If any of the SWFA crew could tell me if they have them, I will order one shortly. My Grendel has been telling me to get one for it....

"Charlie70...... This is CharlieTango6...Stand by for intel dump."

Be Advised Charlie70...Stephanie Price, call sign "Optics Goddess" has SITREP on Sierra Sierra One Zero with side focus.

Coordinates are....One, niner, seven, two, SCOPE IT.....over.

Copy, Charlie70??

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 08:10
That's nearly too much for me to process, but I do understand "SCOPE IT".....Thanks cheaptrick.
Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 08:29
 I told you it was nearly too much........duh, phone number. I understand now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 09:30

I told you it was nearly too much........duh, phone number. I understand now!

Roger Charlie70......Read you 5 by 5.

Be advised, Charlie70.

Establish land line COMMS designation Tango Papa (telephone) or Echo Mike (email) with "Optics Goddess" for status on Sierra Sierra one-zero Xray with side focus and maintain OPSEC....

When you establish COMMS and confirm intel with SWFA Team Operator Optics Goddess,

report situation ASAP to command center Optics Talk so intel can be announced to other interested parties. (This thread)   

CharlieTango6........out.

Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 16:44

cheaptrick,

I'll be sure to post what I find out. I did go ahead and place my order, though. One question: What size is the exit pupil for the SS? I couldn't find it in the specs when ordering...Thanks in advance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 19:09

cheaptrick,

I'll be sure to post what I find out. I did go ahead and place my order, though. One question: What size is the exit pupil for the SS? I couldn't find it in the specs when ordering...Thanks in advance

Yes Sir.

4.2mm is the exit pupil on the 10x SS.

You can figure it out by yourself by dividing the objective size (42mm) by the power which in this case is (10).

Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 19:32
Ah, easy enough...Learn something new every day. I'll also post pics when the new SS is on the Grendel.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 19:39

Tell me more about the Grendel??

Is it an Alexander Arms upper and lower?

Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2006 at 22:48
Alexander Arms 19.5 upper with a Bushmaster stripped lower, Hogue grip, RRA NM 3# trigger, Ace skeleton stock and 10" extension rail. My last outing to the range produced a 3/8 MOA 5 shot group at 100 yards. That was using factory AA ammo with 129 grain SST's. It is curently wearing a Weaver Tactical 3 - 9x40mm scope. Just got my Forster dies, so I will see if I can match the AA ammo. Oh yeah, forgot the compensator by Flatland Forge
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2006 at 09:43
Well it's obvious someone's been watching "A" Team reruns......................... 
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2006 at 10:50

I pity the fool that doesn't watch A-Team reruns.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2006 at 11:00

Originally posted by Mike McDonald Mike McDonald wrote:

Well it's obvious someone's been watching "A" Team reruns......................... 

Never liked that show.

BUT...watching it and some others are as close to being a real "operator" as I'll ever see/be.

I thought Charlie70 might have been his call sign.

Evidently not the case.......

Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2006 at 11:23
When I was younger, I loved that show. I thought it was cool them using mini-14's. Besides, I love it when a plan comes together...
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2006 at 11:45
Interesting side note about those mini-14's.  We sold them the folding stocks, 40 round magazines and flash-hiders.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2006 at 12:59

As for folding stock Mini-14's we had some for SWAT team use in the 80's but the short barrel full auto version was quite dificult to control.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Charlie70 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2006 at 22:24
Confirmation....my order was shipped out today!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic