OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite 3200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anschutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite 3200
    Posted: November/22/2006 at 00:53

Hay guys just bought a .308 with this scope on it. How will this perform on a .308? Will the recoil affect it?

Regards Anschutz

Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2006 at 07:13

The Bushnell 3200 is a good scope.  Its durable,  optics are ok for its price range there are others that provide better optics.  As far as holding zero it should be fine the scope can survive much more harsh recoil. The .308 is a fairly light kicking weapon so it should be a great set up.

Happy shooting

AC

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2006 at 08:41
Originally posted by Acenturian Acenturian wrote:

The Bushnell 3200 is a good scope.  Its durable,  optics are ok for its price range there are others that provide better optics.  As far as holding zero it should be fine the scope can survive much more harsh recoil. The .308 is a fairly light kicking weapon so it should be a great set up.

Happy shooting

AC

AC

I have limited experience with the 3200's. Looked through a few and shot through a few, but that's about it.

Would you take the 3200 over the same powered Nikon Buckmaster?

I always thought that the BM had an edge optically over the 3200, but it's been awhile since I've seen the 3200, so maybe I'm all wet.

Thank you.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Anschutz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anschutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2006 at 01:59

Marvelous what is the parallax setting for these?

Regards Anschutz

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2006 at 06:00

http://www.riflescopes.com/departments/184/rifle_scopes/bush nell_rifle_scopes/bushnell_elite_3200_rifle_scopes.htm

Most hunting style scopes have the factory pre set parallax @ 100 yards.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2006 at 12:50

Cheaptrick:

I have shot a gun with a 3200 mounted on it (not my own) I would have to give the Nikon Buckmaster the edge over the 3200 Elite. The older BM that my buddy has I think is about the same as the 3200 Elite, but I think the newer BM version has a slight edge. 

As far as would I take the 3200 over a Buckmaster. No, if prices were the same or close I'd still go Buckmaster. However, if I found a great deal on a 3200 or if I just wanted to put a different scope on a gun ( just to have a different scope) I'd consider a 3200 I think they are close,  edge going to the Nikon but not a HUGE difference plus the fire fly is kind of cool.

Happy Shooting

AC

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Anschutz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anschutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2006 at 16:47
Ok this one just came with the rifle as a deal so I thort it was pretty good
Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2006 at 21:24
I have the B&L that is now the 3200 4x12x40.
It does not gather enough light at 12x for my pupil in Seattle except in summer at high noon.
The target looks all blurry until I turn down the power.
I have had it for 10 years.
It cost me $250 discounted from SWFA 10 years ago.
It was then my best scope.
Now I have a dozen Leupolds that are all better, or with the old ones, lower power.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic