OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

REMOVE BORE SIGHT FIRST!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2014 at 00:40
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

Interesting timing......... I am in the process of rebarreling a 1944 Mosin-Nagant to 308. A few mods to the bolt and ejector and your pretty much on the firin line. Think I'm gonna go with a thumbhole stock on this one. It will be my first 308. That I plan to keep that is.

You are re-barreling a Mosin to 308?  I do not think I've seen that yet.

Sounds like an interesting conversion.

ILya

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2014 at 09:07
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

OK, I gotta try that with a .458… not one of mine, but I can pick one up really cheap.   THAT looks WAY cool… 

You'll put your eye outShocked

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2014 at 09:13
I'd like to re-barrel a M95 Styer to anything more common than the 8x50. Since it's a rimmed cartridge 303 Brit, 7.62x54R, or even 30-30 would be OK as long as the clips work.
I just have a thing for straight pull bolt actions.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2014 at 11:38
A retired Marine friend has done a couple that came out right nice. I'm following his discoveries. It is a lot easier than building a 223 on a Mexican Mauser. First chance I get I'll post a build process in Firearms.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2014 at 12:11
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

A retired Marine friend has done a couple that came out right nice. I'm following his discoveries. It is a lot easier than building a 223 on a Mexican Mauser. First chance I get I'll post a build process in Firearms.

Please do.  I am a huge Mosin fan, so I always have something Mosin-related that I am working on.

ILya
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2014 at 14:00

Mosins are the roaches of the gun world..... not bad but good,  everything else could be destroyed in a nuclear disaster and the mosin would still standBig Grin lol

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2014 at 14:15
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2014 at 14:51
I like it ILya. I know the Finnish rifles have a reputation as being great shooters.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic