OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell 4200 vs. Zeiss Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 333_okh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell 4200 vs. Zeiss Conquest
    Posted: November/21/2006 at 00:26
Both in the 3-9X40mm..............you tell me which one and why?????????????????????????????????????????
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2006 at 05:24
I love the Bushnell 4200 and have looked through the Zeiss only at sporting goods stores.  They are both excellent scopes.  The Bushnell can be had for alot less money, even if you get the Zeiss from the sample list and put the difference into the mounts and rings.  That would be my recommendation.  If you have the cash and love the Zeiss, buy it, because if you don't you will always wish you did and eventually switch, costing you more money in the end.  As I always say, buy what you like and be happy.
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2006 at 07:15

Both are fantastic scopes.  I own the Zeiss, father has the Elite 4200. The Zeiss has a slight edge in optics in fact the only edge I was able to see was after dusk. The Zeiss pulled in a bit more light. Both scopes will provide a shooter the ability to shoot well past legal or ethical shooting hours. So it comes down to preference.  Is the Zeiss worth the extra money?  Maybe, if having a scope with longer eye relief is a concern, or if you want the best low light performance under $500 then yes.  If eye relief was not an issue, Id by the 4200 Elite and buy lots of ammo to practice with.

AC

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2006 at 09:22
I third it!  Can't go wrong with either.
take em!
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2006 at 12:48

ok - here's my two cents:

i replaced a 44mm zeiss conquest w/ a 50mm elite 4200. and never looked back. the elite 4200's are wonderful.

zeiss is a great piece of glass, but you absolutely  can't beat the bang for the buck of the 4200's -

it is just as clear and brighter image (i know that the 6mm dif in obj had something to do w/ it.)

i am very impressed w/ the rainguard coatings on the elite 4200's > not for the moisture thing, but for the image

clarity and brightness.

good luck.  either would be fine - but i can attest to both, you could do the 'pepsi' challenge and probably not tell a difference.

only the UBERtrained eye can.

good luck.

J

333_okh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 333_okh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2006 at 14:52
Looks like there really isnt too much difference.  Can anyone tell me the benefits to the Rainguard?
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2006 at 14:55

if i had a technical answer i would be happy to offer it up, but..........

it just seems that the 'side effect' of this coating, produces a wonderful, bright image - i have hunted w/ it in the pouring rain, and YES

it does repel water just fine and doesn't collect condensation, but i just think these coatings on that glass are suppurb.

koshkin? anyone got an intelligent answer?

you can't go wrong with these scopes.

J

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic