OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell 3200 10X vs SS 10X which one??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozarkln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell 3200 10X vs SS 10X which one??
    Posted: November/14/2006 at 21:35
This may be a typical new guy question, but I am shooting a 6.5 X 55 mauser built on a 98 action.  I use the rifle for multi purpose hunting (deer, varmint) and long range target shooting.  The rifle is a .5 MOA rifle when fired from a vise.  I want a 10X scope and have been looking at the super sniper for a long time, but a friend suggested that I look at the elite 3200 10X fixed.  The SS is $100 more than the bushnell.  Is the SS better?  WHY?
Dolphin View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2006 at 06:48
I cannot comment on the SS, but I own the Elite and it is excellent.  It is mounted on a 300Wby MarkV without a muzzlebreak and has substantial recoil.  The optics are superb and the eye relief is plenty for my rifle.  I have no complaints and it has stood up to the recoil on that rifle without a problem.  I can recommend it without reserve.  I have heard good things about the SS, except that the optics are not up to those of the Elite 4200 series.  I own Elite 4200 series scopes and this 3200 10x seems awful close if not equal.  I was shooting the other day with a rifle mounted with an Elite 4200 4x16 50mm and I am not sure I could tell a substantial difference, during daylight hours.  I hope this helps.  Good luck and good hunting.
ozarkln View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozarkln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2006 at 18:31
Thanks for the info.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic