OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold Euro-30 vs. Zeiss Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 333_okh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold Euro-30 vs. Zeiss Conquest
    Posted: November/01/2006 at 14:45
Both in 3-9X40mm which one and why? I like the looks of the Leupold over the Zeiss, but that hass little to do with the reason for selecting a scope!
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2006 at 16:58

Zeiss, there is no comparison, you could start to compare the zeiss to a leupold vx-III but the euro is is about the same as a burris Fullfield II.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2006 at 17:29
Originally posted by Anthony Anthony wrote:

Zeiss, there is no comparison, you could start to compare the zeiss to a leupold vx-III but the euro is is about the same as a burris Fullfield II.

Fullfield II has better glass than Leupold Euro-30.

ILya
333_okh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 333_okh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2006 at 19:50
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

But, does the Fullfield II have beeter optics that the Zeiss Conquest? I would love to know?

Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2006 at 21:28

ILya

Really? I thought the euro-30's were made with the same glass as vx-II's, I have owned both, although not at the same time, and they seemed to be about the same. but a without a side by side comparison it is hard to judge.

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2006 at 23:56
Originally posted by 333_okh 333_okh wrote:

ILya

But, does the Fullfield II have beeter optics that the Zeiss Conquest? I would love to know?

Nope.

Conquest is most certainly better than Fullfield II or Euro-30.

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2006 at 23:58

ILya

Really? I thought the euro-30's were made with the same glass as vx-II's, I have owned both, although not at the same time, and they seemed to be about the same. but a without a side by side comparison it is hard to judge.

I've looked at Fullfield II and VX-II side by side.  They have comparable resolution, but Fullfield II is a little brighter, primarily due to better coatings.

Euro-30 is not the same glass as VX-II, to the best of my knowledge.  It fits between VX-II and VX-I.

ILya

Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2006 at 11:36

333_okh

This Conquest at $399 along with the Bushnell 4200 Elite at $258 are the best values you will find at the present time.  Most seem to think Conquest has better low light qualities and the 4200 has Rainguard.  You can't go wrong with either one!

take em!
333_okh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 333_okh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2006 at 17:13
I actually really liked the Bushnell 4200 when looking at it in the store, but it wasnt the field.
www.technika.nu View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote www.technika.nu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2006 at 23:39

Storecomparisions is not worth anything.

Regards Technika

333_okh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 333_okh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2006 at 09:45
Originally posted by www.technika.nu www.technika.nu wrote:

Storecomparisions is not worth anything.

Regards Technika

That is exactly why I put that little detail in my last post, but have you compared these two scopes Technika?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic