OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My varmint arsenal...whatcha think?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exhogflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My varmint arsenal...whatcha think?
    Posted: October/30/2006 at 21:53
Just wanted to post a pic of my "reach out and touch someone" arsenal.....front to back are custom stocked Ruger in 25-06 with Bushy 4-16 4200,Savage 308 with 4.5-14 x50 Zeiss,Savage 22-250 with Bushy 6-24 4200, and AR-15 .223 with Burris 1.5-6. Makes for a fun weekend.....
State Arms Rebel .50 BMG
sorry, couldn't hear your shot
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2006 at 16:44

Welcome to the OT!!

Nice arsenal you have there!!

What AR is that?

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
exhogflyer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exhogflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2006 at 16:56
   The AR is a pre ban Essential Arms heavy barrel with a trigger kit that has been loved -up and is a shooting fool.Makes quick work of "rat pack" type varmint shooting.....hehehe!
State Arms Rebel .50 BMG
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2006 at 16:59
Very nice, which is your favorite bolt gun? I like the savage 10.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exhogflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2006 at 17:06
Thanks to everyone for the nice compliments! My fave is the 308 Savage,luv the trigger,scope clarity and the accuracy is just stupid....if I do my part it'll hit anything I can eyeball out to at least 400 yds ( though I admit to being NOT as good as the gun, but working on it).Savage has come a long way and with the accu trigger it's just a nice piece of equipment. Also have to say that although I agonized over scope choices I'm glad I mounted up the Zeiss....no substitute for good glass and you DO get what you pay for.At this time I have a total of 3 Zeiss equipped rifles and that will go up as I add to the collection.....
State Arms Rebel .50 BMG
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2006 at 17:09
The accutrigger is very nice. Savage is a great company that offers alot for a little.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2006 at 17:50

Savage has really got it going on.

Uncanny accuracy as always, but the quality look and feel of Savage rifles has gotten better as well.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Anthony View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2006 at 20:51

Good work, add a 30 rd magazine to the AR ,and no critter will escape  

I like the stock on the ruger, its less plain than the pepper and coffee stocks but not a big rainbow either

Sgtshultzy266 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgtshultzy266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2007 at 16:51
I know this is an old post, but what scope is that on the AR?  Burris sig select?  How do you like it for that application? 
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exhogflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2007 at 18:15
   Yes, it's the sig select with the lit reticle. LUV it for what I use it for ( dim light varmint/ coyote hunting, sometimes at night). Really clear optics, holds zero nicely, and even though it's low magnification I have still wacked some out to 300 yds. I would have gone with a bigger scope but being that it's not a flattop doesn't make sense
State Arms Rebel .50 BMG
3trickplays07 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3trickplays07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2007 at 20:02

Hey hogflyer,

Who'd you use to drive for?  Any Guard time?

SavageShooter65 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SavageShooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2007 at 09:13
Great looking set of guns. I have the same scope ready to go on my Savage 12BVSS. Which bases and ring are you using. I started to use Leupold bases but I don't like the way the rear base looks.
If Guns Cause Crime, Every Single One I Own Must Be Defective.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exhogflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2007 at 14:26
   Thanks for all the compliments guys! Trickplay: I was with the 353rd for most of my career but not Guard, was regular Air Force.Savageshooter: the rings and bases on the Savage are Burris, I too did not care for the Leupold setup, and had trouble getting them to sit level on the reciever ( BOY is that a story in itself!).
State Arms Rebel .50 BMG
Hokkmike View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hokkmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2007 at 10:12
I just picked up an Essential Arms AR, any reports on yours? Love all the pics!
A great rifle is only as good as the scope on it!
ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2007 at 10:29

VERY NICE!!!

I'm also a big fan of the Savages.  I've yet to shoot one that wasn't a tack driver and the AccuTrigger is the best factory trigger in existance, IMHO.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic