OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for TRG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2006 at 12:21
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I was convinced when I walked in the door and saw the rifles GAP was building for the U.S.M.C. to say nothing of the fact that I commented I've never seen that many Badger Ordnance rings before in one place to which they told me that is because we build them.

I don't follow you, Ufriend.

GAP "makes" Badger Ord. mounting gear???

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
ChrisGarrett View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisGarrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2006 at 12:25

UIM,

I believe that the a NIB TRG-22 can be had for substantially less than retail.  For example, the TRG-42 in 338 that I ordered last year listed for $4000 and then Beretta dropped the prices slightly on the TRGs on Jan 1, 06.  I picked up my rifle for $2650 + $30 s/h out the door, so I imagine that my Sako dealer in Missouri would discount the TRG-22 to the same degree.  The bipod and 3-ring mount both cost $389 each (now $414) and the muzzle brake and spare 5 rd mag were each $189 (now $202) so they are not cheap.

I'm not going to say the GAP will outshoot the SAKO or vice-versa, just that you could probably get the rifle for less than $3k.

Take care, Chris

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2006 at 12:36

Yes GAP and Badger Ordnance are the same building same company.

Does sound like the price on Sako has come down some when it was a little higher I shifted interest to AI GAP and TAC OPS. I'm going by what I see at Impact Guns as dealers in Des Moines dont stock these type of rifles and the last one I got a good look at was in Kansas City at Cab elas.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2006 at 12:40

Also I was looking at the cost of the whole system. Must say I do like the accuracy guarante and the fact that I can drive to Kansas City is also a factor.

$2650 and change is an awesome deal for a 338 lapua. (Note Surgeon Rifles is now in final stages building an action for 338LM.)

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
shootergirl View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2006 at 14:03

Your Tac Ops rifle would be very nice.  I'm sure I could never make it shoot 1/4 inch groups though.lol  I paid 1950.00 for my TRG.  I found out how much the rest is going to cost my though.  The acc. is where they get you.  S

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2006 at 15:18
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Yes GAP and Badger Ordnance are the same building same company.

Brain seizure!!!

I forgot that....

I remembered when you mentioned Kansas City.

I got to lay off drinking that cheap cough syrup.....

Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2006 at 15:47
When did Marty sell out to George?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2006 at 16:50

Originally posted by Mike McDonald Mike McDonald wrote:

When did Marty sell out to George?

Mike, I don't think Marty @ Badger actually sold out to GAP, but they work out the same facility in KC is all.

Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2006 at 09:39

Time in the  GAP gun vault is like a dream come true. They had 5 short barrel .308 s they built for the Marine corp on the Accuracy Inernational folding stock that were set up to attach a Surefire Suppressor and also had flash suppressor, very heavy barrel turned down on the end to attach the suppressor. Of all the rifles there I really fell in love with this gun not to mention they had SN3 scopes on them It was such a compact sniper platform and perfect for getting in and out of helicopters and vehicles. I have been wanting to clone one but I have been waiting months trying to get the Chassi stock and I will probably go with a 22 in barrel  for better distance since I don't plan on a suppressor. Also likely that I will be using the long action version and going 300 WM. When I heard that Surgeon was comming out with a Long Action I thought 338LM might be an option but they wont fit in the AI stock only the McMillan. 

The 338LM is an awesome round but the brass is a tad expensive. 

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic