OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

rings and mount for my new burris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sydsdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rings and mount for my new burris
    Posted: October/26/2006 at 14:47
Hey guys just recently purchased a Burris Full Field II . I want to mount it on my remmington 700,.270 win..Question is what are the best type of rings and mounts to purchase and are there any links on how to mount them to my gun I could read up on. Thanks
sydsdaddy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sydsdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 14:48
Sorry it is a 3-9x40 scope
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 16:25

http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings.html

Hello here you go, the monting instructions will come with them.

They are very user friendly and very effective.

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 16:35
Originally posted by SVD666 SVD666 wrote:

http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings.html

Hello here you go, the monting instructions will come with them.

They are very user friendly and very effective.

http://www.swfa.com/c-57-burris-mounts.aspx

Burris rings are VERY popular for a reason......

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
CoyoteCaller View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoyoteCaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 20:13
I secont the Burris Signature rings.  You can probably get by with low rings with that scope......Good scope too.
Technical Fowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical Fowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 20:51

Originally posted by CoyoteCaller CoyoteCaller wrote:

I secont the Burris Signature rings.  You can probably get by with low rings with that scope......Good scope too.

Last I checked, Burris does not make their Signature rings in low....you'll have to go with medium.

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 21:02

If you want something simple and very strong, take a look at the Talley Lightweights.

http://www.talleyrings.com/al.htm

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 22:16

Talley ringmounts are fine if the factory drilling and tapping is right on tolerance like on the 700's,

if not you have problems. The signature rings fix that and much more.

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 22:20

He has a 700. Tried to post a pic of the 700 set-up from the photo server and did not take. It is there under Big Game Rifles/ Talley LW if anyone is interested.

http://www.opticstalk.com/photoserver/photodetail.aspx?photo =3508

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 22:32

QUOTE=Roy Finn]He has a 700. Tried to post a pic of the 700 set-up from the photo server and did not take. It is there under Big Game Rifles/ Talley LW if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes I forgot it was a 700 he had, thanks roy. 700,s have exeptionaly close tollerances and the talley lightwieghts

work fine with these rifles including alot of other quality mounts. A friend of mine tryed one on his browning and there

were problems, I recommended he send them back and we went with the Burris Signatures. I feel that with the Burris

Signatures you have the safe advantage on all rifles.

Very nice set-up you have there Roy.

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 23:11

Thanks. Just figured the Talley LW's would probably be the easiest way for someone starting out. When he get's confident, I'll recommend some Buehler's or Conetrol's.

That's enough to send me over the edge.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic