OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SIMMONS SCOPES QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonewolf5347 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SIMMONS SCOPES QUESTION
    Posted: October/26/2006 at 08:09
http://www.grafs.com/fc/product/45549
I like to ask how bad are these scopes by simmons,I found a vendor on the web had these on closeout $49.95 NEW not RECODITION
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 08:31
IMO----I would not buy. I have learned that satisfaction only comes with good equipment. Try to upgrade to better quailty of scope if you can afford to. Aslo what are you putting this on?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
NCHunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 10:21

I would say it depends on what your going to mount it on, how far your trying to shoot, how late your going to try and hunt/shoot. If your going to put it on a 22 rimfire and shoot squirrels with it, I'm sure it would be a great scope. If you plan on putting it on a magnum calibler rifle, and shoot across a beanfield out to say 300 yards, more than likely this scope isn't going to cut it. You get what you pay for, and your going to get 129.00 dollars worth of performance from that scope. I have owned simmons products in the past and it's a hit and miss with them. I had 2 different simmons 44 mags mounted on the same gun at different times, 1 held zero perfectly, the other one bounced all over the place. This was quickly resolved by mounting a leupold vx II on my rifle. I see it like this, If I have a Sako Finbear, worth about 800 bucks, that is a quality firearm, and very capable of great shooting, why would I want to put a low quality scope on top of that. Your firearm will only ever be as good as the glass you mount on it. Just my opinion.

NCHunter

lonewolf5347 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lonewolf5347 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 19:43

I give it a shot on my Handi 06 my loads stay around 2450 FPS midrange level

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic