OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR and Meopta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR and Meopta
    Posted: October/25/2006 at 13:04
 I was looking at buying a Fixed 30mm 6X42 and am looking at the IOR model and Meopta 6x42 Artemis 2000  and wondering how these would compare to each other as overall build and low light/clarity and brightness.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2006 at 13:08
The IOR is far superior to the 2000 series by Meopta.
With Meopta you have to go to the Meostar line and get
the 7x56 to slightly exceed the performance of the fixed
6 IOR.
TPS_Phil View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TPS_Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2006 at 13:58

For the money IOR is top's!

We refuse to compromise our quality for pricing.
100% USA Made.
jonbravado View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonbravado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2006 at 15:32

i just bought the 7x56 meostar from meopta - it is very bright and crisp.

i am a satisfied customer for 460 bucks.

i have heard wonderful things about the IOR's though

don't buy the cheaper meopta series

J

terry View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2006 at 16:51
 Looks like IOR then. It was my first choice now I am sure about that.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2006 at 21:35
How does the Luepold VX III  6X42 compare to these 2?
take em!
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2006 at 22:28
I have the Leupold 6X42, but have never used the others.  The Leupold is very good, significantly brighter and sharper than my 2.5-8X36.  If I remember right it a good bit smaller and lighter than the IOR>++++
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 06:42
mwyates......... what kind or hunting/shooting do you use your 6X42..... I'm thinking of deer hunting, but worry about close shots and the 6x being too high.
take em!
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 08:22
I use the 6X for deer and hog hunting on my .260.  I've made shots as close as 15 yds.  The 6X isn't great for that, but it's very usable.
terry View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 10:07
 I have a leupold 6x42 on a Kimber 7mm-08 I will compare when my IOR 6x x42 scope gets in next week. To be honest don't expect the leupold to do well agaist the IOR  the leupold 6x really does not impress me optics wise. As always My leupolds are very well built and always hold perfect impact point over time and I consider them good scopes, but the Zeiss Conquest 3X9 and 4.5x14 scopes I own look better than any Leupold I have owned which is alot of them over the years at low light brightness and bright day light clarity wise. I even have a tasco Euroclass 1.5X6X42 that out performs my Leupold 6x42 at low light which shocked me and my DAD one evening/ moon lit night side by side both a 6X to be fair. The Euroclass still made a good image with moon light after dark that I could shoot a target easy at 75 yards while my 6X leupold looked to be blacked out and could barely make out the target throught it.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 12:18

Other than the LPS,VX-L,and New Mark 4's Leupolds low light performance is very poor

and even these high end models are not great. I think you will be very happy with the IOR 's

low light performance and what a great price.

333_okh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 333_okh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 23:59
This is the kind of information I am looking for too.  I want to spent between $350 and $500 for a scope that will sit on a custom rifle in either 2-7, 2.5-8, 3-9, or fixed 6x with an obj no larger than 40-44 mm.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2006 at 11:52
333-okn I PM,ed you, that is a very nice Kahles at a very good price for your rifle..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic