OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Optic Recommendation for .450 BM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHFarmer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Optic Recommendation for .450 BM
    Posted: August/08/2022 at 18:50
Looking for a lpvo for a .450 bushmaster. Found a few in my price range, $350 is max price.
Primary arms 1-6x24
Sightmark 1-6x24 and 1-10x24

What are some others in this price range worth the money? If I can find a more pricey one on sale with the sale price down to $350 I'd go that route.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2022 at 16:04

Pretty good scope.  I have limited time with it, but good for the price.  Used on my .458 SOCOM... not many rounds, but it worked as it should.  Glass is decent... it's a Vortex.

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
IHFarmer07 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IHFarmer07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2022 at 12:22
Hi kickboxer, thanks for the recommendation….I just looked through one a few days ago and I didn’t much care for it. Thanks again! Much appreciated 

Have you or anyone else had time behind the Burris rt6 and or the delta hornet? I think I’ve narrowed it down to those two. 

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2022 at 07:57
Yeah, I did not like the Vortex well enough to get one.
Have not used the Delta, but hear good things about it.  RT6 I like.  Good all around, designed for "medium" range... I like the reticle.  Good mechanics.  A worthy contender.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2022 at 23:54
Originally posted by IHFarmer07 IHFarmer07 wrote:

Hi kickboxer, thanks for the recommendation….I just looked through one a few days ago and I didn’t much care for it. Thanks again! Much appreciated 

Have you or anyone else had time behind the Burris rt6 and or the delta hornet? I think I’ve narrowed it down to those two. 

I am well familiar with both and optomechanically they are very similar, made by the same OEM.
I designed the reticle for the Hornet, so I am somewhat partial to it, but both are good scopes.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic