OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Older Bushnell Banner scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dano126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Older Bushnell Banner scope
    Posted: June/26/2022 at 11:22
Greetings, first time post here. Hope I can find some assistance.   I've got a Bushnell Banner 3x9x38 with BDC.  I'm not really sure if it's actually a x38, as I do not have the manual or box. ( them were lost in a house fire). Anyways, I'm putting this scope on a .17HMR rifle.  The scope was originally on a Remington 788 chambered in 6mm. 
I was looking on line to see if I could find a manual to download.  I was able to get on Bushnell site and find some, but it don't look exactly like mine.  It does have a chart on the site for that scope that tells you what dial to use with what bullet you are using, the only thing is, of the extra dials I have, they are not labeled as the chart shows, ie., chart says for a Hornandy 17gr. should be "J" dial.  My dials are labeled 1B, 2B and 3B.
So, if anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2022 at 12:55
Those scopes were made before the 17 HMR was invented. I used to have one of those and the scope had four different discs that you could put into the turrets but I actually never used them. I just held over as always. 

So I don't know if the BDC will work for you. 
Visit the Ed Show
Dano126 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dano126 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2022 at 19:20
The Ed Show, Thanks for the info.  I was kinda thinkin what you said.  As I purchased that scope with the Remington 788,  probably over 30 years ago.  I did drop a line to Bushnell as well to see what they would say...if they reply at all.  I had a go-around with them two years ago on some bino's.  Was like pulling teeth to get them to live up to their "lifetime" warranty.

anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2022 at 21:49
If you have dials that can be replaced, use a black pen to black out one dial. Shoot rifle at 50, 100, 200 and mark dial with silver pen after having corrected adjustments on target. 
Or just zero at 100 and learn what your BDC markings mean on paper at different distances. And remember. 
Just don't forget: the BDC is different at different scope power zoom. 

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2022 at 08:33
Anyway stay on here as a Member and you'll get a birthday greeting every year!  Big Grin

The Fixer Uppers (1935)

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic