OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Some African eye candy...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some African eye candy...
    Posted: May/10/2022 at 06:53
This past week end I went on a 3 day hunting trip up near Thabazimbi, close to the Botswana Border. (They still talk about Ed in the pubs!)
Quite a successful hunt I may add. All shot with 300H&H loaded with 184 gr Peregrine Monolithics.
Rifle performed on a button.
I have been MIA for a long time, but here I am all strong but a little older.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2022 at 09:29
Wouter, fantastic photos.  Looks like a WONDERFUL hunt.  I'm about to load up some Speer 200gr Hot-Cor for my Winchester 1885 High Wall.  Those Peregrine Monolithics seem to do a fine job...
Great to hear from you.  I hope to visit your area in the not too distant future.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2022 at 09:45
Beautiful animals Wouter! Good to hear from you and congrats on what must have been a wonderful hunt.
God save the Empire!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2022 at 09:46
Long time no hear from Wouter. It is good to hear from you, and what Dan said; looks like a great hunt. Great pictures, by the way.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2022 at 10:09
Outstanding Wouter!!! 👏👏👏
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2022 at 11:04
Thata sexy!!!! nice animals too

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2022 at 21:12

Boy oh boy! Nice animals. Big venison braai coming up! 

I was up between Northam and Thabazimbi one time and got stuck in the mud. Actually, a PVC pipe from a borehole had sprung a leak and had wetted down about a 25 yard long section of the road and surrounding area and my little truck just was spinning it's wheels in the owl sh*t. Kinda like what would happen in Wyoming if it rained and the ground was full of bentonite. It's just wet slime!

I was chopping some rip-rap from the bushes to put under the tires when finally someone came along and pulled me out with a long rope.

Visit the Ed Show
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 01:13
I told you they are still talking about that crazy guy stuck in the mud.

Ed I hunted about 15 miles west of Northam.

Did anyone notice my Mountain View Stetson hat???

I bought it directly from the good USA last year....always wanted one!!
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 05:24
Nice hat Wouter. You pull off the sophisticated bush look very well. Bet the ladies love it!
God save the Empire!
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 05:26
Great pics Wouter, nice to hear from you.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 06:42

Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 06:42
Dig This : Johnny Carson - The Van Gogh Monologue – The King of Late  Night Television Delivers His Comic Opening with Some Inartistic Assistance  From The Audience – Broadcast On Jan. 4, 1985

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 15:56
Nice stuff!

I have tried 100gr VLR4s in my 257 Roberts but not great expansion. The 150gr VLR4s work well in 30-06.

I have some 250gr VRG3 to work up in my 9.3x62

Scrummy
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 02:47
I have hunted mostly with 200gr Sierra Gamekings. My rifle was super accurate with this load. Then all of a sudden it lost accuracy. Cost me dearly in the hunting field. I had the rifle checked for this and that but could not find a reason. Barrel not shot out. I then worked up a load on Peregrine 184gr and found a decent level of accuracy. Bullet performs well on animals with not excessive meat damage.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 07:06
Looks awesome 8's......   Hope one day to be able to hunt over there. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 11:58
Very nice!! Thanks for sharing!!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 22:51
Well Done

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2022 at 06:49
So, is the meat any count? 

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/13/2022 at 08:10
Originally posted by 8shots 8shots wrote:

I have hunted mostly with 200gr Sierra Gamekings. My rifle was super accurate with this load. Then all of a sudden it lost accuracy. Cost me dearly in the hunting field. I had the rifle checked for this and that but could not find a reason. Barrel not shot out. I then worked up a load on Peregrine 184gr and found a decent level of accuracy. Bullet performs well on animals with not excessive meat damage.

The FM (F......g Magic)of reloading... just when things look really good "something" changes.  Yes, I would say the Peregrine 184s do a "decent" job... 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2022 at 08:43
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

So, is the meat any count? 

Yes the meat is good stuff. I shot two nice kudu cows for my home consumption.
Currently at the butcher to make steaks, sausage, and dry meats.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic