OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Pecar Berlin Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucerobx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pecar Berlin Scopes
    Posted: January/15/2022 at 08:11
I have a 6x59 Pecar Berlin scope. I am not able to find much info on it though. It’s in amazing condition and I still have it mounted on my rifle. Does anyone know much about these scopes? The optics are amazingly clear!!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2022 at 15:29
It's a postwar scope made between 1950 and 1970 by Pecar in Germany.  Should have very nice glass.  Other than that I'm not sure what I can tell you.  

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Gerry Atric View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Atric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2022 at 00:31
It´s a shame that the link from eaglehurst is dead, it was a Aladdins cave of information regarding Pecar scopes. Anyone from England who knows if the info is still available?

http://www.eaglehurstsporting.com/?page_id=234

Gerry Atric
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2022 at 02:53
I will have a hunt...
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2022 at 09:34

This comment doesn't have anything to do with the original topic, but it's interesting. 

Years ago back in the 1960s I read Jack O'Connor's stuff in OUTDOOR LIFE and he remarked on the Pecar scopes. He said he had used them. He also mentioned that the Pecar scopes had interchangeable reticles that you could purchase separately. He said that he believed that they worked quite well...I don't know whether he said he actually DID it....

Anyway about 15 years ago I was in a gun store and I actually saw a Pecar interchangeable reticle BRAND NEW IN THE BOX from 50 years ago! I knew what it was but of course I didn't need it.  

PECAR BERLIN 4x RIFLE SCOPE - Emma Custom Rifles

PECAR BERLIN spare reticles NEW & USED, 4X, 6X Champion, 8X, 4-10X52……. |  Premium Optics Australia

PECAR BERLIN spare reticles NEW & USED, 4X, 6X Champion, 8X, 4-10X52……. |  Premium Optics Australia

Visit the Ed Show
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2022 at 10:53
I have a couple Pecar Berlin scopes from the late ‘50’s or early 60’s. A 6x42 and an 8x56.
They are very nice scopes and are very clear even though the coatings have turned “milky”.
They have steel tubes, but my models do not have the interchangeable reticle.
I’m very satisfied with mine and wish I could find some good deals on a couple more.
Sadly, they’ve been out of business for a long while now ( 10-15 years).
Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2022 at 12:25
I'm still on the look-out for some Seeadler scopes.....

Visit the Ed Show
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2022 at 19:16
Ed, I haven’t received a shipment from them since the Covid crap all started.
If I can get my health back where it needs to be, I will be trying to sell them again.
Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.
nadjetdrew View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadjetdrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2022 at 11:17
People online say it’s an old scope, but it’s still very nice. Germans know how to make good guns and ammunition for sure. It’s considered more of a vintage scope and is usually several hundred dollars’ worths. I’ve seen some offers on eBay for more than $400.
It would be cool to try one of these. I need to ask https://walkeroutdoors.net/ whether they can get a scope like this for me. They usually can find almost any gun or piece of ammunition you want, and the prices are lower than the average on the market. Maybe, it’s possible to order this one directly from Germany.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2022 at 08:02
Pecar 4-16x50AO blue carbon rifle scope - Gold Coast Shooters Supplies                                          SCOPE PECAR OPTICS 8X56 BLUE CARBON GERMAN 4 RETICAL - Bankstown Gun Shop

Well this is interesting. Here's some scopes from Pecar Optics Australia....

https://pecaroptics.com/

Confused-Student | The Spaulding Group

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic