OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Meopta Meopro Problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJarvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meopta Meopro Problem?
    Posted: December/08/2021 at 10:20
I picked up a Meopro 3-9x50 last January for my hunting rifle but didn't have the opportunity to take it hunting until deer gun season this year. Last weekend, after sunset with the sun just below the horizon and at my back, I tried looking at some deer in the field in front of me and found that although the image was "bright enough", the deer were so washed out, I could barely make them out against the wheat field they were standing in. I could see them clearly with my Hawke Frontier ED 10x42 binos, although the image was much "darker".

I haven't had a chance to compare the meopta to any of my other scopes under similar conditions, but this doesn't seem right.

Any thoughts?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2021 at 20:37
I"ve not looked at this scope in quite some time, but never experienced the issue you describe.  Used to shoot at a range with a guy who replaced ALL his Leupold scopes with Meopta Meopro and Meostar (last count was 9 scopes).  He let me spend some time on his 30-06 with this scope and I generally shot up until dark with anything he brought to the range when I was there.  Never had this type of issue...  I suggest phone Meopta and describe your issues.  I have no doubt that if there is a problem they will make it right.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Big Daddy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Daddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2021 at 11:46
My 2.5-15X44 is good past dark.  Never have experienced your problem.
Tesoro View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tesoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2021 at 08:50
Good luck contacting Meopta. Last week I needed scopes for 2 new rifles and wanted to try out Meoptas. I called the main number on website in Florida for 2 days in a row and left messages and nothing! So I bought Tracts! 
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2021 at 09:29
Originally posted by Tesoro Tesoro wrote:

Good luck contacting Meopta. Last week I needed scopes for 2 new rifles and wanted to try out Meoptas. I called the main number on website in Florida for 2 days in a row and left messages and nothing! So I bought Tracts! 

That's a shame, they are great in Europe. It does seem to be difficult getting reliable importers.

Scrummy
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
CJarvis View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJarvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2021 at 14:27
I plan on trying to duplicate the issue later this month to see if I can reproduce it ant to compare it to other optics under the same conditions before I call Meopta. 

Tesoro, I don’t know if Meopta USA has a directory where you can look up individual employees, but if they do, you might reach out to Erik Muller. He’s been helpful to me in the past. 
Big Daddy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Daddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2021 at 15:33
I hope it works for you.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2021 at 00:04
Originally posted by Scrumbag Scrumbag wrote:

That's a shame, they are great in Europe. It does seem to be difficult getting reliable importers.

Scrummy

They do not have an importer.  Meopta is a US owned company and they have a division in the US and small factory for some of their products.

ILya
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2022 at 06:38
Originally posted by Scrumbag Scrumbag wrote:

Scrummy

I have another Tract on order inbound. The glass is phenomenal compared to other brands of scopes in their price range.

Meoptas generally have good glass except for the Optika6 4.5-27x50.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic