OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski AV vs the PH Swarovski

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooreyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski AV vs the PH Swarovski
    Posted: October/15/2006 at 09:25

Can you please tell me why the PH is almost double in price to the AV?

I know the PH is in 30mm tube and the AV has a 1 inch tube, But other then that why is the PH so much higher?

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2006 at 13:39

Hello Pooreyes

The 1" tube is not the only difference you have better glass coatings and internal parts and finish on thr PH and PV series.

Zeiss and S&B are better than Swarovski and for the same price I would go with Zeiss if you can aford the extra cost go

with the S&B.

ceylonc View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2006 at 13:48

SVD666 pretty much nailed it.  If you're wanting a 1" scope, you should strongly consider the Kahles CL series.  To my eyes, the glass & coatings used are better than the Swarovski PH line & almost as good as that of Zeiss Diavari & S&B.

Best of luck & let us know what you decide...

pooreyes View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooreyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2006 at 14:03

Ok Guys thanks for the info.

I see a few scopes on Ebay. Heres what I am looking at

Meopta Meostar R1 4-16x44 Tactical riflescope
  $575.00 $20.00 1

sharpshott8 (491Feedback is 100 to 499)

ZEISS 4.5X14X50 CONQUEST SCOPE MATTE NEW "MILDOT"
Bid < =text/>  
  $502.99 $12.50 10

SWAROVSKI OPTIK AV 6-18x50p
Bid < =text/>  

$810.00 Not specified

Swarovski AV 6-18x50 Habicht Scope, Made in Austria
Bid < =text/>  
  $840.00
  $879.95
$17.50

So I should look some more?

pooreyes View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooreyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2006 at 14:19

Are you both saying that Zeiss is the better of all of them????

I found this one also 

ZEISS DIAVARI VM/V 6-24x56 t*
Bid < =text/>  
  $900.00

As far as the S&B scopes, LOL they are out of the price range for me right now.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2006 at 15:20

Yes zeiss VM is better than Swarovski PF and PV, or you can bargain shop for a S&B. I am currently using a S&B

2.5-10x56 that I purchased brand new for a little less than the Swarovski PV in the same configuration and a S&B

fixed 8 that I purchased for less than a swarovski PF both scopes are better than the Zeiss.

silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2006 at 17:08
When I buy from the Sample List I know, what I am getting.   There is a lot of trust in E-bay.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2006 at 07:21
"silver"  did you mean "There ISN'T a lot of trust in E-bay"?   Just wondering
take em!
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2006 at 15:55

Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

When I buy from the Sample List I know, what I am getting.   There is a lot of trust in E-bay.

You are wanting to buy a "Designer" scope that you have not seen, from somebody you do not know... Factor that into the price. 

Or you can buy one from the sample list from somebody, whose name is on the line from the stuff that is on the list.

-----***CAVEAT EMPTOR***-----

I would at least look at the price on the sample list and not bid above it.  In fact I would not bid  at over eighty percent of the what the sample lists price is listed.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2006 at 17:13

I do not recommend any purchase of any used scopes, there are many problems that

can occur when a riflescope is not mounted or handled in a correct manner. Ebay has

some very usefull tools that help and protect the buyer from alot of scames and poor

quality and service mom and pop shops. There are shop ratings and revievs and

documented emails that serve as a record for any claim against a seller, for example

"is the scope factory sealed". It is a little complicated to get the most out of ebay

but I feel with a little time invested it is well worth the cost savings. SWFA is on ebay.

I do not do any shopping on ebay anymore but I did alot of shoping in the past with great

sucess. Most of my shopping is now done out of the UK with great sucess so far. Ounce

again I strongly recommend to buy riflescopes brand new.

pooreyes View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooreyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2006 at 04:09

Ok thanks E1. Still looking at a few scopes. I might go with the sample list.

I'll let you know what I get and how it does on my 270.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic