OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Optics recomendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy-wan-kanobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Optics recomendation
    Posted: April/29/2021 at 14:20
I have a new AR-458 SOCOM for hog eradication at night( and some coyotes as well) what night vision rifle mounted scope will hold up to the recoil?

Poppy-wan-Kanobie
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2021 at 17:32
I have an ATN X-sight II, it has spent time on my .458 SOCOM (which has relatively mild recoil, about the same as a 30-06).  The 4k Pro should do quite nicely as NV... I also have a THOR LT... It has been on multiple rifles, I fired 10 rounds on my Ruger #1 .458 WinMag just for kicks (get it... just for kicks...), but it is mostly on my 300BLK.  No issues due to the time on the WinMag.  I would not leave it on that rifle long... but a SOCOM should be no issue.  Both of those scopes have been "better than expected".  I wish the view screen on the X-sight II was larger, wish the array was bigger on the LT... but for the price it is quite good.  I am happy with both.  I do not believe there will be any issues due to the SOCOM.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
NeilLD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilLD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2022 at 17:21
I own a Bushnell DMR2 and can confirm it's a solid recommendation under $1k. I was shopping for a ~$500 optic initially, like Sightmark or Vortex https://wildproofgear.com/best-scopes-under-500/ , but stretched my budget a bit to get one on clearance and am glad I did. Mine is mounted to my 6.5 Creedmoor AR and I love the reticle, glass quality, and features for the price.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2022 at 16:10
Originally posted by NeilLD NeilLD wrote:

I own a Bushnell DMR2 and can confirm it's a solid recommendation under $1k. I was shopping for a ~$500 optic initially, like Sightmark or Vortex***competitor link deleted by Moderator*** but stretched my budget a bit to get one on clearance and am glad I did. Mine is mounted to my 6.5 Creedmoor AR and I love the reticle, glass quality, and features for the price.

OP's question concerned NIGHT VISION... hunting at night...

You need to read, and follow, the rules you are required to acknowledge upon becoming a member of the Optics Talk Forum...
3.  Do not advertise other retailers selling the same or similar products as SWFA, this includes posting links to other retailers for products sold by SWFA.  SWFA does not provide this forum as a vehicle to redirect customers to our competition.
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic