OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Critter Cooking Café
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A pig is a pig

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A pig is a pig
    Posted: March/07/2021 at 07:53
Slow Cooker Ham with Maple and Brown Sugar | Favorite Family Recipes

Well, here's an Internet photo of a maple syrup, brown sugar ham. 

I made one yesterday. It was fantastic. ( I need to start a TV show! )  Bucky    Excellent

hee hee 

I bought a 4.5# ham and then I cut up two big potatoes and two big turnips and put all them in the bottom of the crock pot and turned it up on HIGH. I added maybe a cup of water and maybe a little over a cup of chicken stock and let those guys cook for four hours to give them a head start.

Bitter Gets Sweet (I Swear!): A Recipe for Caramelizing Turnips In a Cast  Iron Skillet | Sixburnersue.com

About four hours later my made a RUB for my ham.

I dumped a big pile of minced garlic on a plate.
   then I powdered in with black pepper, paprika, smoky chile,
Smoky Chile | The Spice Hunter  Burman's Hot Sauce, Burman's Memphis Barbecue Sauce, steak sauce, hickory smoke powder, and I forget what else I grabbed.

Oh! I remember! 

FREE Arizona Dreaming Spice From Penzeys Spices (In-Store Only) - Yo! Free  Samples | Penzeys spices, Spices, Dream           Stubbs Beef Spice Rub, 2oz.

I also dumped a little of that Arizona Dreaming on the goop and a little of Stubbs powder! Smile

And I smeared it all over the ham. ( I moved some of those potatoes out of the crock pot and put them in a big bowl for a minute...and stuck the ham in the pot, then put the potatoes back all around the ham...) 

Then I poured on some brown sugar on the top and then squeezed a bunch of maple syrup all over the ham...maybe a cup...who knows? 

Then I dumped in two cans of French Cut Green Beans, one chopped up onion, and a quart of big sliced mushrooms and squashed it down with my hands....then I coated the mushrooms with pepper and put the lid on, and let it cook for 3 1/2 more hours on high.

Boy, oh boy, was that ever GOOD!!   The ham was just falling apart!

Bill Wardius (@OldMoola) | Twitter

Edited by Son of Ed - March/07/2021 at 08:04
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2021 at 13:17
Feel Full Without Stuffing Yourself - SlendHer

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2021 at 13:21
RATATOUILLE | Ratatouille disney, Animated movies, Disney cartoons

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2021 at 15:16
I’m on my way for leftovers!
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2021 at 12:22

I've got to remember this rub recipe! Utterly THE BEST! 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2021 at 10:21
That was the best ham I ever made....and most of my hams are fantastic! The only one BETTER was an eight pound Black Forest ham I made three years ago. That was fantastic....but expensive....$8 a pound! That ham cost over $65 !!

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic