OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR 35mm is one heck of a scope!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceylonc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR 35mm is one heck of a scope!
    Posted: October/13/2006 at 18:33

I've spoken before of the attributes of this scope.  It continues to impress!  Today at the range I went to the 300yd line to see how my rig liked some 168gr. A-Max loads (with 42gr. Varget, Lapua brass, Federal 210M primers, 2.800" OAL) in .308.  The groups astounded me (.92" for one 3-shot group; .98" for another) but what really stood out was the ease that I had in seeing the bullet holes on 16x.  I could dial up to 24x to see greater detail such as the inch hash lines (grid style target with 1" boxes).  The clarity really is amazing on these scopes and the MP8 reticle is fantastic for long range shooting as the crosshairs and hash marks don't obscure the target.

To me, this scope is worth what you pay & then some.  There was another shooter on the line shooting a .300 Win Mag with a new Leupold Mark 4 (I forget the mag specs) that shot a few rounds through my rifle.  He commented on the brightness & clarity of the lenses.  He was kind enough to let me shoot a few rounds through his rifle as well and, to both his eyes & my eyes, we determinded that the Leupold glass couldn't touch the clarity of the IOR. 

Just thought I'd testify!  Hope everybody has a great weekend. 

p.s.--the scope is the IOR 35mm 6x24 50mm w/MP8 illuminated reticle

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2006 at 03:04

Thanks for the review, C.

I too like the MP8. Very user friendly.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2006 at 15:17

IOR 35's are doing very well with exellent customer feedback, I feel they offer alot for the money and are holding up very well.

Thanks Ceylonc for the update on your scope.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic