OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Red Dot, Holographic Sights & Magnifiers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parallax free Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Dot, Holographic Sights & Magnifiers
    Posted: February/06/2021 at 12:36
I was curious if anyone in the Optics Talk community knows of anyone or anyplace that has compiled a list of red dot, holographic sight and magnifier dimensional specifications? I know that most manufacturers put the externally physical dimension info on their site, but most don't list the distance from reticle to firearms rail. Most importantly the dimension from the top of the firearm rail to the centerline of the reticle (center of the lens) is what I would like to see for various brands. 
If you don’t see the irony of a gun ban being enforced by men with guns, then you fail to understand why the 2nd amendment was written in the first place.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2021 at 12:56
I have never seen that is across competitive brands. Eotech, Trijicon and others have them covering their own products.

Doug
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2021 at 16:38
most of the optics/mounts are either designed to cowitness or be lower 1/3 of the optic image.  So based on that the cowitness would be equal to the iron sight plane. Which is 2.6 inches above the bore.  Not sure on the lower 1/3 height
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/13/2021 at 17:23
True and I only use co-witness.
Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic