OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Barska--Cheaptrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2006 at 00:51

Scootz:

I have to disagree with your assessment of some well respected persons on this forum being "optic bullies" or "optics Snobs".  I see more people giving solid advice with regards to decent products that provide the best bang for your buck on this site.

I see far more suggestions for the Burris Fullfield, Nikon Buckmaster, Nikon Monarch, Weaver Grand Slam, Bushnell Elites  and Sightrons then I have ever seen for the top end stuff from Schmidt & Bender or Swarovski. There is a vast difference between an opics snob who has to spend over a $1000 for a scope and the average Joe who just wants a solid piece of equipment at a fair price. Finally,  there is stuff that is just junk.  If a 39.99 dollar scope works for you  great,  for me and most other people who are serious about shooting that wont cut it.

Now I actually have heard of a couple people who have been happy with the Baraska Swat scope, not on this forum but on another.  Great and it may well be a decent scope. However, the cheapest model I can find is $140 and the most expensive is around $250, sorry but that is not all that cheap. You could spend the same amount or a bit more and get much better scopes from companies who have very soild reputations of producing good quality optics.

I think if you take the time to read up on stuff and no be so personally defensive of a product, you will find many of the people on this forum are honest and try to give the best advice possible.

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2006 at 04:34

Thanks for the nice things you all have said about me.

I've learned more here than I ever taught, that's for certain.

Scootz:

Lets start over.

Were a tight knit bunch here, as you can see. Lets drop this thread and be friendly.

This is the best forum on the net. I don't want to waste SWFA's bandwidth bitching about things that don't matter.

Out.........

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
sprad View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2006 at 11:55
This is too good to miss.  During my military days I had the opportunity to use the best (Zeiss, Kahles, S&B, etc.)  Of course cost can make a difference.  The members of this forum are simply trying to help advise you on your best options.  As far as Barska scopes go, I have not had one, but I have several friends who, like me, are not wealthy.  They gave in to temptation and put Barska scopes on their rifles.  As we went to a silhouette match, they sighted in.  30 rounds from a 7mm magnum took care of this "economical" scope.  I can not vouch for the overall quality of Barska, but five months later one friend is still shooting with iron sights!  The point is in the collective experience here this could have been avoided.  If money matters, (for most of us it does), I would look at oriental optics at least from companies that manufacture optical equipment such as Nikon, Pentax, and others.  At least you will get a modicum of quality based on their reputation as camera manufacturers.  Eastern European companies have long been known to have quality control issues, a residual effect of long term communism.  I hate to sound like a shill for our sponsor but,... it's tough to beat the SS scopes for the money too!  Just remember, if you ask for an opinion here YOU JUST MIGHT GET ONE!
enfieldp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfieldp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2006 at 13:01
well  i have fired about 400 rounds using a barska swat and not a problem so far the groups for a 5 shot are under a 1 inch at 100 yards ,even took the scope off the gun and did some trigger tuning , the scope was accurate when put back on no adjustments were needed , the best of all the scope was free the fools never billed me for it , im looking at it as a free evaluation of this scope lol ,  if the us state department would allow scopes to be shipped here to canada i would gladly buy a super sniper  till then ill use the barska ,,, 
patBisdee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic