OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - husqvarna model 458 rifle what redfield base mount
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

husqvarna model 458 rifle what redfield base mount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: husqvarna model 458 rifle what redfield base mount
    Posted: November/13/2019 at 10:16
high fellows I am new here, I have been handloading since 1967 and been fooling around with old guns and vintage scopes most of my life. I have a problem maybe I can get some help with. I have a commercial Husqvarna model 458 it is a 1649 action. I am having trouble finding a mount for it. I have a set of vintage redfield 26mm rings, I am mounting a pecar 4x10, I am looking for a redfield base. I can't get a straight answer on which one I need. I want a one piece but would settle for a 2 piece. any help will be greatly apprecheated!
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 03:28
Can't help you on the bases I'm afraid but welcome to OT! Lots of far more knowledgeable guys here so I'm sure they will chime in.

Best wishes,

Scrummy
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 08:03
I have no knowledge on those rifles but did find two bases that list Husqvarna on SWFA's site.

Details
  • Husqvarna Carl Gustaf & Crown Grade
https://www.swfa.com/warne-maxima-2-piece-base-243.html
Details
  • Husqvarna HVA 1600
  • Husqvarna HVA 1900
  • Husqvarna HVA Small Ring
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
olskool View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 08:11
thanks, the warne basses will work, I am not sure about the Leupold.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2019 at 08:46
I would measure the spacing maybe and call  SWFA directly. They might find something else too.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 06:15
Image result for redfield HVA scope mount

I have found old bases and stuff on ebay......I pulled these pics off the internet by entering REDFIELD HVA BASES.....you could add the words FOR SALE on the end and enter that! ...and see what pops up...or look up Vintage Rifles or Vintage Scopes and see what happens...

Image result for redfield HVA scope mount

THIS is from ebay and it's still for sale!    $16.49

Visit the Ed Show
olskool View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 06:24
so then the ones marked "Husqvarna crown grade HVA 51L" will work?
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 07:04
I guess....your rifle is the HVA action....I had an old Husqvarna years ago but mine was early fifties and was the old FN action. Husqvarna came out with their HVA action in 1954. They made them until 1969. JC Higgins and Smith and Wesson also put their name on them. 

Buy those bases.  
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 07:17
Image result for husqvarna 458 rifle

Related image

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 07:18
I will look around and see if I can't find a one-piece base.   
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 07:42
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 08:08
That Leupold one piece would work! The one that SVT found up above. Finding an old Redfield base might take some time....

( I got lucky a couple of years ago and found a brand new old stock Redfield base for an FN Mauser action that had the little peep sight folding down in the back!  It was cheap....something like fifteen bucks! )  
Visit the Ed Show
olskool View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 08:24
well I just bought the 2 piece off ebay that was suggested by "son of Ed" thanks for the help. btw the rifles in the 24 hour campfire link above, the ones on the logs are mine. the one has a redfield one piece that came on the gun. the other with tiger stripe walnut has a weaver. I am trying to set it up with a pecar scope and 26mm redfield rings. I have the rings I just didn't know what redfield mount to use. thanks for the help fellers,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 08:28
Well, I'm sure those bases will work. But you know that Leupold, Burris, and Millett turn-in bases are the same as Redfields....they will all accept Redfield or anyone else's turn in rings...
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 09:22
Well now that we have a new fellow on here who is into vintage rifles I'll have to run down to The ED SHOW and start a vintage rifle thread and see who drops in....
Visit the Ed Show
olskool View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 11:59
brother that's all I shoot is vintage rifles. yep I know the basses of Leupold ect, ect, are the same, but I wanted vintage redfield to match my rings,,,,,,,
olskool View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 12:06
I hunt a lot with my 660 rem. in 6mm remington cal. it has a vintage 3x9 Leupold, it is 1968 vintage and quit deadly,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 13:10
Please be sure to visit The ED SHOW !!!! We will be delighted!!!!     
Visit the Ed Show
olskool View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 13:19
what is the Ed show?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2019 at 16:00
Originally posted by olskool olskool wrote:

what is the Ed show?

It's kind of like DisneyLand... without the lines or the rides
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic