OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon vs Burris

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeMaster1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon vs Burris
    Posted: September/30/2006 at 23:38
I am new here and have a few questions. I have hunted using Bushnell and Tasco scopes in the past but I have decided to up grade my optics on my 270. I was comparing the Burris Fullfeild II 3x9x40 to the Nikon Buckmaster 3x9x40. These two appear to pretty close in price and quality but it appears the the Nikon is the clearer of the two however I have been unable to compare the two at the same time. Which in your opinion would be the better scope for a 270 for hunting deer and bear? Also what other scope might I consider that it of equal quailty and price range, keep in mind I don't want to spend more than $250.00 on a scope.  Thanks
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2006 at 06:39

Welcome to The OT!!

Both, or rather either scope would serve you well.

I prefer the Buckmaster because I owned one and abused the hell out of it on a .300 Ultra Mag. before retiring it to a guys .270, where it still is in service this deer hunting season, to my knowledge.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-6837-220-nikon-3-9x40-buckmaster-rifl escope.aspx

This one offers a 3-9 with a BDC reticle that's supposed to be very user friendly.

Good shooting!!

BE ADISED!!!

There will be a guy named "koshkin" coming around sooner or later that will try to discourage you from obtaining any and all Nikon products.

He REFUSES to take his perscription medications and prefers to SELF MEDICATE using cheap Russian vodka.  

Just humor him..... 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
snakeMaster1967 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeMaster1967 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2006 at 09:32
Thanks for your in put. Now one more quick question. While looking around the web site here I found "The Sample List," from what I can tell these are all referbished scopes at 1/3 less than the price they would be new. Has any of you tried one of these scopes? Considering that it would only save me about about 50 bucks would it worth tring?
jlinnh View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlinnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2006 at 11:40
I purchased a Nikon Monarch 2-7x32 from the sample list this past spring. When it arrived it was just like a brand new scope the only difference being the plain gray Nikon box and the 90 day warranty sticker. After several range sessions over the summer the scope continues to be problem free. All things considered, if I you can find the scope you want on the sample list then I'd save the extra $$ to buy more practice ammo.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2006 at 13:37

Cheap Russian Vodka, Cheaptrick?

Westport, Conn., (March 21, 2005) – Allied Domecq Spirits, North America (NYSE:AED), a marketing-led brands business, is honored to announce that Stolichnaya®, the genuine Russian vodka, has been awarded “Best Vodka of Show” at the prestigious international 2005 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.  Topping the entire vodka category, Stolichnaya 80 proof received the highest rating and brought home a Double Gold medal, proving its genuine Russian quality and exceptional taste are truly award winning.

Enough of this stuff and I'll buy a Nikon.

The refurbished models on the Samplelist look like a good deal, and for the cost, wouldn't worry too much about the warranty. Unless it is one of the Gold refurb's, that is. 

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2006 at 13:49
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic