OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > SWFA > Bulletin Board
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NEW SWFA SS 2.5-10x32 Ultralight BDC Rifle Scope
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NEW SWFA SS 2.5-10x32 Ultralight BDC Rifle Scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 12:06
"nailed that sh#t"  haha
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Pirate Joe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 12:40
  Lol , thanks for liking the review guys ! It really is a very impressive scope . I heard that a forum I believe it's " 24 Hour Vaginal Itch Campfire" or something like that had said the eye relief was a problem .
   Absolutely untrue , I test a lotta scopes and this one is just like the other 90% of them . Very comfortable and plenty long . One of the Really nice touches was I was able to change from the lowest to the highest magnification without having to adjust the camera setup. 
   I think Chris nailed it with this scope . There were 7-8 guys at the rifle range early last week when I took one out to show a guy , it quickly shut the shooting line completely down as guys came over to check it out . It was more interesting to see them react to the sharp image than the weight . They just kept looking at it like the first time they had seen a holo sight. 
   Yippee
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 12:56
Hey Joseph, now that you’re retired and have nothing but time on your hands, you need to hang around these parts more often. We need more of your colorful brand of humor!

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 12:57
 It's either here or Campfire Anal Itch forum . I think this is better 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 12:59
Mr Atlas, how about a picture of your rifle with your new scope.  I think we would all like to see it.  :)
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 14:57
Originally posted by Pirate Joe Pirate Joe wrote:

It's either here or Campfire Anal Itch forum . I think this is better 

If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times...this place is indeed way better than anal itch.

So, we got that going for us...which is nice!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 15:04
. Yeah I have a hard time remembering that Forums name . I know it's got the words like Campfire , Or Panty Waste , or 24 hour penis envy in it . I'm just a lil fuzzy on the details . 
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 15:29
Good intel there, Joe!

And as per usual, spoken with the eloquence and grace you're well-known for, sir!
Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 15:39
I've told a few on here the story about the time we were up in the TX panhandle shooting prairie dogs, and after lunch on a particularly slow day of shooting, we spent the remainder of the day hunting for a midget little person for you to get a "selfie" with.

So many really funny -- and usually totally devoid of anything remotely "PC" -- events occurred when hanging out with Joe... and I'm eternally grateful for that. That's the thing about Joe; he's gloriously un-PC and doesn't give the first schitt what anyone thinks about it! Hilarious dude and a great friend!
Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 15:47
One thing common to every single occasion I've spent hanging out with Joe is by the time the adventure is over, I'm completely worn out from laughing so hard, so much. The guy is truly one of the funniest people I've ever met. In a lot of respects, his personality and sense of humor reminds me of Brandon (Bigdaddy), and I have no doubt those two would get along great.
Ted

Atlas Shrug View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlas Shrug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 16:14
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Mr Atlas, how about a picture of your rifle with your new scope.  I think we would all like to see it.  :)

Well, I would be happy to post a couple of ugly pictures from my cell phone, but as a mere Grasshopper I currently do not have the rights to do so.

So just doing a really really good job of imagining will have to do for now. :-)

-Atlas Shrug
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 16:31
Try this tread out.  Bump up your post count.  http://www.opticstalk.com/boost-your-post-count_topic10080.html

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlas Shrug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 17:03
OK I put one up there and may do a few more, but it sure does seem kinda silly overall...and it’s still gonna take a while to get to the magic 50 post level. So no breath holding should be done...
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlas Shrug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 17:36
Sadly, a few things are kinda hectic here and thus it may be a few more days before I can actually shoot the rifle the scope is on.  For now, some dry fire snap shots on 2.5x will have to do. 

As noted, I can carry it like a lunch box using the scope as a handle, but it would be easier with another 1/8” of clearance.  Thus 0.875” to 1” would be easier (with a resulting 1.4” to 1.5” centerline height, which is about standard).

But it sure does feel nice carrying it around by the handle..... :-)
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlas Shrug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 17:48
Also FWIW, while I imagine the parallax setting might be problematic, at a quick glance at a ballistics table the current BDC might be reasonable useful for .22lr shooting from about 40 yards out to 100 yards or so.  The “3” line is close to 60 yards, 4 close to 80, 5 close to 100. All this at 10X, hence at 5X the “5” line would be good for about 150 yards, etc.

Of course an eventual .22lr specific BDC or mil-quad would be nice, but I imagine that might be years out - or maybe never. Hence just academic drivel for now.

-Atlas Shrug 
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 17:51
Atlas, I'll be happy to post a photo for you until you reach the magic 50 posts if you wish. PM me for details.

The reason behind the "50 post rule" is to help discourage spammers from bombarding the board with ads.
Ted

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlas Shrug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 17:54
Oh I totally get the reason for the requirement, I just personally feel kinda silly posting twaddle just to increase a post count....

Thank you for the offer - PM outbound in a bit.

-AS
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2019 at 18:18
Atlas Shrug's rifle:

Ted

Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlas Shrug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2019 at 06:15
Thank you for posting the picture, RifleDude!

The Burris XTR rings are placed in such a way as to maximize the inter-ring distance, which is still minimal for “lunch box carry” use. 

It works for me and is IMHO a great proof of concept, though 

For a more generic implementation, high/extra high rings yielding a 1.5” sight line height are probably best. There is one taller version of these rings which would work, but the TPS TSR extra high probably are better, as they are more narrow and this give a greater inter-ring distance. 

Baby steps forward...

-Atlas Shrug 
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2019 at 16:02
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times...this place is indeed way better than anal itch.

So, we got that going for us...which is nice!

Go Pack Go!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic