OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Posi-lock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoyoteCaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Posi-lock
    Posted: September/28/2006 at 17:17

I recently purchased a Burris Signature select 3x12 with posi lock for one of my 22-250 rifles.  I was wondering if I have to "lock" the reticle or can I leave it "unlocked" so I do not have to mess with it when changing scope settings?   I find it a bit of a hassle to go back and forth locking and unlocking the reticle.

thanks

savageshot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savageshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2006 at 17:51
from what i read about them you dont have to lock it but you can if you want my new burris doesn't have it but it said in the book that when you do lock it that your point of impact will move thus proving the positive locking action
If you've done things right its as if you've done nothing at all!
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/30/2006 at 20:11

Posi-Lock is a "belt and suspenders" sort of thing, according to my conversations with a Burris representative.  You probably don't need to use Posi-lock all the time, even though you have it.

The Posi-Lock feature could be helpful in protecting your scope settings from "baggage handler" abuse.  I use the Leupold QR mounts for this purpose.  I simply remove the scope and carry it separately.  The scope is still nicely zeroed when I remount it at the other end of the trip.

CoyoteCaller View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoyoteCaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2006 at 20:29

I also Emailed Burris and got the same response.  I like the Idea of posi lock but if I had it to do over I would not have paid extra for it for a light kicking rifle like the 22-250.  It is an awesome scope though.  I really like it better than my Conquest .

thanks

Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2006 at 13:56

I do not like the Posi-lock I prefer the high tension recoil spring that replaces the posi-lok in signature scopes that do not have the posi-lok. I have found these scopes to be better and cheaper for alot of shooting needs.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic