OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2019 at 11:20
Stiring The Pot
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2019 at 11:21
Did ya see where Scientist revived a 4 hour dead pig brain?

Another Democrap in the making???  Loco
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2019 at 15:14
45-70 Encore pistol seems to do the job adequately, although I have considered having a barrel for it in .375H&H.
http://www.opticstalk.com/uploads/1566/Bullberry.JPG

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Longhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2019 at 03:13
I put carry guns into two categories:

1.  POCKET GUNS.  Must be flat, light, a natural pointer, and with you all the time.  A good trigger and good sights will make it just right.

2.  BELT GUNS.  These are too big or heavy to carry in your pocket.  My personal test is that it should be able to take down a deer, black bear, boar, or a man the size of an NFL football player..  These generally range in weight from 125 to 320 pounds.  The deer, bear and boar don't offer "psychological stops".  You have to break them down or score an immediately effective hit.  The same is true of a strapping big guy high on drugs.

My oldest son is a boarded ER doctor.  He is not particularly impressed by the damage done by .380 or 9mm rounds.  Dr. Will Dabbs, who writes for gun magazines, has expressed similar opinions based on his ER experiences.

However, if bad stuff happens we each will have to do the very best we can with what we've got.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic