OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SIG Sauer P320 M17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SIG Sauer P320 M17
    Posted: March/26/2019 at 09:28
thinking of getting one of these....   would love to hear from owners on their experiences.

thanks
take em!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 09:34
haha, liked that p365 a bit huh.  The m17 is on my short list as well.  Big Grin  I have no real experience with one except for fondling it in the store half a dozen times.  I really like the feel and the trigger feels decent for a striker pistol.  I hope to get one in the next year or so. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 09:46
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

haha, liked that p365 a bit huh.  The m17 is on my short list as well.  Big Grin  I have no real experience with one except for fondling it in the store half a dozen times.  I really like the feel and the trigger feels decent for a striker pistol.  I hope to get one in the next year or so. 

I did indeed.  and thinking it would be a good idea to have all my personal defense  guns to have the same set up.... so as not to get confused during crunch time!
take em!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 11:18
So, this gets a bit convoluted, and all the difficulty is with the external safety.

First, the safety: I like them, I want them on any gun that will be worn exposed to public scrutiny and shenanigans. On this gun, the safety allows the slide to reciprocate with the safety on, I like the feature, but it takes some getting used to.

Aside from that, it comes down to what you want to do with it. I now have a fair bit of time on the M17 and the bigger Xfive, and I really like both. The X is large for carry, but is great to shoot. It has no safety, but it does have interchangeability with kits that allow the fire control group to move into a smaller footprint package - I was actually buying the "Carry" when I came across the 365 - and we know how that went. The M might have kits, but I haven't seen them yet. If I do see one, I'll buy it in a Carry size.

The M17 is a large frame service pistol, the finish is crappy (and won't last long if the gun is used and/or carried.) I like the plate for a red dot, though mine doesn't yet wear a red dot. The sites are good, the ergonomics are good, and I think they have a sale now where you get 2 additional mags with the purchase of an M17.
Mine has a Milt Sparks holster now, which takes it from a solid 9 to a solid 11 for carry.
It is not small, it has a bit more movement in my hand than other metal frames and even more than the HK P-series. Compared to the P, it doesn't feel quite as comfortable and isn't quite as controllable, but controls are better placed (for me), accuracy is similar, size is similar.
Comparing it to my other favorite plastic big frame, my HK45, I like everything about the HK just a bit more; however, with the difference in mag capacity, the Sig is usually with me while the HK is in the safe.
Comparing the X to the M17, the safety is the big difference, and the mags work in each, so I got that going for me...which is nice.

This is not a refined, hand-built, custom handgun; but mine has been reliable, consistent, and seems quite robust.

Mine is abused, mind you, so it working well is a testament to its inherent reliability.

I do like the accuracy of the Xfive more, but it has a longer site radius and a finer front site. But it also has slide cutouts, which means I won't carry it in hard use or life/death circumstances.

Old dog, old tricks, I guess.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 11:19
I have the Sig 320 X-Carry and 320 X-Five.   Both are getting ready to go for sale
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 12:33
For sale, why? If I might ask.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 14:49
I'd like to know this as well.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 14:53
I'll post a thread soon, don't want to hijack the thread....
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 15:57
i don't mind
take em!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 16:30
The X-Carry is nice and love the gun, shoot it really well, just larger than I want for carry.... and i'm subsidizing my collection.

The X Five is nice, with the romeo 1 its super nice and scary accurate.  Its not that I don't like it but I just don't shoot it much and it was fun to play with but not practical for me to keep.....and i'm subsidizing my collection.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 19:08
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

The X-Carry is nice and love the gun, shoot it really well, just larger than I want for carry.... and i'm subsidizing my collection.

The X Five is nice, with the romeo 1 its super nice and scary accurate.  Its not that I don't like it but I just don't shoot it much and it was fun to play with but not practical for me to keep.....and i'm subsidizing my collection.
Then find a club and start shooting competitively.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 19:42
I may need a romeo 1 for my Xfive.

They are fun.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 20:54
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Then find a club and start shooting competitively.

Yeah because with two under two I have so much time to join a club lol
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 21:00
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

So, this gets a bit convoluted, and all the difficulty is with the external safety.

do they offer one without a safety?
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2019 at 21:22
they do...  and its priced at $649.99... how does that price compare to what you guys are seeing?
take em!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2019 at 08:53
That sounds about right.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2019 at 16:28
I think I asked this elsewhere...  but I'll try it here too.   what are you folks using for ammo in your CC and home defense guns?
take em!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2019 at 20:26
In most my 9mm stuff I carry speed gold dot 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2019 at 20:49
Hornady 135 grain critical defense
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2019 at 20:53
not sure I've heard of that.   I  bought some Sig365 V-Crown to try, and some Hornady "Critical Defense"    I have some 'Critical Duty' for home defense, but maybe that's not ideal?
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic