OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sig P365 owners chime in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2019 at 14:18
what price are you guys paying/seeing for the P365?  I can get one local for $499.99.  I have a P2022 that I shoot very well and feel confident shooting it.  I have a Shield for carrying, but I don't carry that much.  I like the idea of having the same make in full size and carry, so thinking about getting a P365.  not sure what I would do with the Shield as I don't really enjoy shooting it. 
take em!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2019 at 09:00
That's a decent price.

I like mine very much.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/11/2019 at 07:19
Around $500 is as cheap as I've seen them.  Not many deals to be found on them
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2019 at 20:52
made it to the range and put 200 rounds thru the P365.  Now I'm gonna have to trade my Shield... I like the Sig way too much.  feels better in my hand than the Shield... which is weird cause it smaller.  but the Sig is wider.  the trigger on the Sig is 100x better than the Shield too.

The only gripe I would have is that the trigger guard beat the hell out of my trigger finger.  I'm sure because of its size.  it shot both the Rem and the Win ammo just fine.  once I get a few more rounds thru it, I will shoot some carry rounds and adjust the site if needed.  it is painting these FMJs a little to the left.

not sure what gen this is... but the primers do show some drag... I will post some pics. 
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2019 at 20:54

P365

take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2019 at 20:55
SP2022

Edited by Tip69 - March/17/2019 at 06:02
take em!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2019 at 22:12
Whats the date of manufacture say on the case it came in?  The drag looks worse than mine did. My reloads were moderate powder charges though, so i am sure that makes a diff
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2019 at 22:14
I ordered a couple 12 round mags so i get a little more purchase area. I am thinking it will help alot. I think my paws are on the larger than average size
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2019 at 06:02
7 Mar 2019
the 12 round mag fits my hand better....  but they both feel fine.
take em!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2019 at 08:16
Dang, you got a few days after it was made!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2019 at 08:33
Was that swipe representative of all or most?

That looks worse than mine did.

Do you have another subcompact with which to compare it?

At that date of manufacture, it is a gen3, and I haven't seen complaints of gen3 striker breaks.

I like mine very much.
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2019 at 21:22
I shot my Shield too.... but I guess I didn't pick up any empties.
take em!
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2019 at 21:22
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Dang, you got a few days after it was made!

it almost doesn't seem possible!
take em!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2019 at 08:35
I guess with shipping handguns certain ways it can be quick to get to dealer
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 12:43
I got my 12 round mags.  Man what a difference that made for me.  It completely changed things for the good.  I can hold the gun with much more stability now and manage the recoil a bit better.  I can grip it better when starting my draw stroke.  That 1/2 of grip made a huge diff. 

I also got a Blackpoint mini wing IWB holster, it is pretty nice.  Very compact, holds the gun very tight to my body and is very comfortable.  https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/miniwing/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 13:15
I like the holster, looks like it would work well. Mine rides in a CYA carbon fiber clip-on, and I like it, easy on/off and secure carry.

Yea, I too only carry the 12s, they are a marked improvement. I do note that under a tight grip, the mag torques in the well enough for me to notice, but not enough to have caused any manner of failure.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 13:40
Dang, that CYA is cute.   Roll on Floor Laughing

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 13:43
Or, did you mean this one. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 14:14
Which is carbon fiber? Because I said "carbon fiber."

But damn, now I wish I had gotten the other, it would match my favorite shoes!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2019 at 15:39
LOL    you mean you have the same color shoes as buds favorite G-String?!?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic