OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Library books for bookworms...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 46>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2022 at 19:08
Amazon.com: The Last Hero (Audible Audio Edition): Peter Forbath, Simon  Vance, Blackstone Audio, Inc.: Books

Welp, I finished this one. Freaking amazing what they went through on that African expedition!

The fastest 720 pages I ever saw.  Bucky

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2022 at 19:12
14 Great Saps at Sea ideas | laurel and hardy, stan laurel, stan laurel  oliver hardy

Now I've got to find another book to read....

Bearded Man Reading Book in Dark Library by DEFSTOCK | VideoHive

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2022 at 16:38
I hear DOCTOR Jill Biden has a new book out... I understand it sold at least 250 copies in its first week...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2022 at 16:41
At that rate, she only needs 3999 more weeks (77 YEARS) of those crushing sales numbers to reach a million...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2022 at 20:46
Leaving Everything Most Loved: A Maisie Dobbs Novel - Kindle edition by  Winspear, Jacqueline. Literature &amp;amp;amp; Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Fantastic, as usual

Well after a four or five book "intermission" I had to read this Maisie Dobbs book. Now I have two more on order from Abebooks....

A Dangerous Place (Maisie Dobbs, #11) by Jacqueline Winspear        Journey to Munich (Maisie Dobbs, #12) by Jacqueline Winspear

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2022 at 20:58
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I hear DOCTOR Jill Biden has a new book out... I understand it sold at least 250 copies in its first week...

Today I Learned: Dogs Can Actually Laugh

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2022 at 20:49

Well, I read this real quick....now I've read the first 10 of these....

Amazon.com: The Painted Veil eBook : Maugham, W. Somerset: Kindle Store

So now I'm reading this for the weekend...

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2022 at 19:20
Expectation: Everyone Will Catch Up on Their Work | 11 Snow Day  Expectations vs. Realities For Parents That Are So Spot-On | POPSUGAR  Family Photo 6

Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

The Dark and Gritty World of Gotham | Home library rooms, Home library  design, Home libraries

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2022 at 12:37
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert

Well I finished this. It was real good! 

The Summer Before the War - Simonson, Helen

Just started this. It's a real winner! 

Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2022 at 13:49
Your gonna need a bigger house Ed!
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2022 at 11:51

THIS book is really good! Somebody at the YMCA gave me this a couple of years ago and I stuck it in my bookshelf. I figured I'd get around to it eventually. Well, I grabbed it the other day and it's very good. The author's second book. 

It's all about 1914 in the town of Rye in Sussex and the start of The Great War.

I seem to be in a period where I'm reading a lot of these English books about young women from this time period and the Twenties and the Interwar Period....the Maisie Dobbs series....The Painted Veil...

plus last summer I binge-watched eight seasons of Downton Abbey from the Public Library....!!!  Bucky

next I will send for Ken Follett's FALL OF GIANTS....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 20:38

Well this book was fantastic! I will have to get Meghan to read this. It would be the perfect launching pad to begin reading the Maisie Dobbs series.

A Dangerous Place (Maisie Dobbs, #11) by Jacqueline Winspear       Journey to Munich (Maisie Dobbs, #12) by Jacqueline Winspear

Well these two books arrived yesterday in the same package. I guess I accidentally ordered them from the same place and didn't realize it. So now I will start on A DANGEROUS PLACE....but the Maisie Dobbs series continues on thru time and after starting out in 1910 we are now in 1937....

Edited by Son of Ed - May/12/2022 at 20:43
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2022 at 20:55
Culturi

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2022 at 14:24
A Dangerous Place (Maisie Dobbs, #11) by Jacqueline Winspear           Gibraltar and Mallorca in 1930 - YouTube

As you remembered from our last episode Maisie Dobbs is returning reluctantly to England from her sojourn in India when she decides to delay her arrival in England by disembarking at Gibraltar.

She is suddenly embroiled in a murder case when she accidentally stumbles---literally---over the body of a murder victim. Soon she is up to her neck in a mystery with the British Secret Service, The Gibraltar Police Force, Communists, and the Spanish Civil War!

It is April 1937. Guernica has just been bombed.

Gibraltar profile - BBC News

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2022 at 11:01
War and Peace: Translated by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky  (Vintage Classics) (English Edition) - eBooks em Inglês na Amazon.com.br

Well, I started it. It's real good. I thought it was going to be real ponderous but it's excellent. And when I'm not actually reading it I can lift it up over my head and do exercises with it.

How Many Words Is War and Peace? - Word Counter Blog

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2022 at 11:04
Ha! Disney workout songs | Disney workout, Goofy disney, Goofy

Bitter Harpy Press: Countdown: Goofy Gymnastics

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2022 at 09:25
Well WAR AND PEACE was superb. It wasn't written in Russian after all!  I couldn't put it down.

Now back to Maisie...

Journey to Munich (Maisie Dobbs, #12) by Jacqueline Winspear

Britain's Secret Service wheedles Maisie into doing "one last job"....all she's got to do is go to Germany ( February 1938 ) and retrieve a British subject being held at Dachau in an Exchange deal with the Third Reich. Piece of cake....but, of course, she's got to go under an assumed name with phony passport and papers and pose as the prisoner's daughter, whom the man has not seen in two years, in order to get him out of that Hellhole.

What could possibly go wrong? 

Huge Nazi prop flag shocks French city | The Times of Israel

Dachau concentration camp - Wikipedia

Dachau | Holocaust  Pin on Edam sehnesi

Edited by Son of Ed - May/23/2022 at 09:39
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2022 at 09:49
Dosya:Stroop Report - Warsaw Ghetto Uprising 06.jpg - Vikipedi

Maisie's great-great grandfather was an Italian Jew and her grandmother was a Gypsy.

How the Hitler Youth Turned a Generation of Kids Into Nazis - HISTORY

1938Projekt - Posts from the Past  

The Influence of Railways on Military Operations in the Russo-German War  1941–1945 — History of Military LogisticsHistory of Military Logistics

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2022 at 10:03
WWII British Enfield Revolver | Collectors Weekly

Women of the Third Reich. Kinder, Kuche, Kirche (Kids, Kitchen… | by Andrei  Tapalaga ✒️ | History of Yesterday

The Lady Vanishes (1938) - IMDb   

Auschwitz-Birkenau in winter | The entrance of Auschwitz-Bir… | Flickr

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2022 at 10:45
Must-See Classic Film: The Lady Vanishes | coreysbook   Perlsea Company | SincroGuia

Why I Teach about the Holocaust: Photo Attributions – Inver Hills News

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 46>
  Share Topic