OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Library books for bookworms...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 46>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2021 at 18:55
Just started some new books...though it is for juveniles, I'm reading Rush Limbaugh's "Rush Revere" series... got the entire set.  Rush's command of the language, command of history, command of storytelling was without compare.  Reading "Rush Revere" puts one in the moment.  Great stuff.

I am also reading two versions of "American Marxism"... Mark Levin's book and similarly titled book by William Reeves.  Both are total anti-Marxism, pro-American.  

All great reads, so far.  

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2021 at 18:59
Very Good!  I want to get the Rush Revere books, too.
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2021 at 19:04

Right now I'm reading B. Traven's THE CARRETA one of his Jungle novels....

Mine is just like the picture above....a First Edition. Check out the First Edition on the link below. They want $75 for it! 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2021 at 12:58
Trozas (Jungle Novels): Traven, B.: 9781566630443: Amazon.com: Books

Well now I'm starting on Trozas which is a continuation of the plight of the poor fellow from The Carreta....

The Great Forestry Opportunity in Belize - Belize News and Opinion on  www.breakingbelizenews.com

Mahogany plantation in Mexico...

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2021 at 11:30
Jungle Novels Book Series

Well now I started THE REBELLION OF THE HANGED which is the very next sequel to TROZAS! I was very fortunate to get these in order....(Meghan had these last two...)

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2021 at 11:34

9780913232323: The mystery of B. Traven - AbeBooks - Stone, Judy: 0913232327

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._Traven

The Man Who Was B. Traven by Will Wyatt      B TRAVEN Treasure of the Sierra Madre vintage pb Movie Tie-In Bogart cover  | eBay

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2021 at 11:47
Well I finished THE REBELLION OF THE HANGED in one day. Now after reading three B. Traven books in a row I don't know what else to start. B. Traven is a hard act to follow.  

New York School Districts Force Children Opting Out of Common Core Tests to  &amp;#39;Sit and Stare&amp;#39;

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2021 at 11:51
Best Laurel Goodwin GIFs | Gfycat

Visit the Ed Show
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2021 at 12:00
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Just started some new books...though it is for juveniles, I'm reading Rush Limbaugh's "Rush Revere" series... got the entire set.  Rush's command of the language, command of history, command of storytelling was without compare.  Reading "Rush Revere" puts one in the moment.  Great stuff.

I am also reading two versions of "American Marxism"... Mark Levin's book and similarly titled book by William Reeves.  Both are total anti-Marxism, pro-American.  

All great reads, so far.  

Let us know how you liked "American Marxism"... Mark Levin's book
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2021 at 15:06
Normandie Triangle: Scott, Justin: 9780345306401: Amazon.com: Books       A Salvage Job in the Hudson Long Before a Cruise Ship Ran Aground in Italy  - The New York Times

Welp, I picked up NORMANDIE TRIANGLE and I am hooked on page two.

I read this book back in 1983 and I wanted to get a copy of it. I couldn't remember the author's name. I finally Googled it 35 years later and now I've got it!!  

Edited by Son of Ed - July/26/2021 at 20:29
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2021 at 10:53

After NORMANDIE TRIANGLE I started another terrific MAISIE DOBBS mystery. Below is the series in chronological order.... 

https://greatbritishbookclub.com/all-of-Jacqueline-Winspear's-Maisie-Dobbs-series-books-in-order....

You need to check these out!

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2021 at 19:06
King of Kings (The Ballantyne Novels, #6) by Wilbur Smith

Well, I finished Maisie and started on a newish Wilbur Smith with co-author....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2021 at 07:01
Italian Armed Forces invade Ethiopia from Eritrea. HD Stock Footage -  YouTube

Well Wilbur Smith was such a rip-snorter I decided to reread THE RETURN OF TARZAN which I haven't read for about 55 years. It's a real goodie! 

The Return of Tarzan : Edgar Rice Burroughs : 9781951537012         The Return of Tarzan - Wikiwand        Burroughs Edgar Rice - The Return Of Tarzan

Edited by Son of Ed - August/15/2021 at 07:55
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2021 at 11:06
I ordered some books from abebooks and went to a couple of bookshops here in Waco where you can trade books for credit and stuff, and so I got a whole bunch of things to read plus a bunch coming in the mail to give me something to look forward to during the day.

The Death Ship by B. Traven                       The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich A. Hayek

I got THE DEATH SHIP which is not easy to find. A lot of them are in German. 

The 42nd Parallel: Volume One of the U.S.A. Trilogy: Dos Passos, John:  9780618056811: Amazon.com: Books      1919 (U.S.A., #2) by John Dos Passos

Out Of Africa Isak Dinesen First Edition   

Amazon.com: Random House Webster&amp;#39;s College Dictionary: 9780375425608: Random  House: Books       E.M. Forster: Four Novels - Where Angels Fear to Tread, The Longest  Journey, A Room With a View, Howards End - Kindle edition by Forster, E. M..  Literature &amp;amp; Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Moll Flanders: Defoe, Daniel: 9781619493230: Amazon.com: Books      PAUL BISHOP ~ WRITER: WESTERN NOVELS—THE COWBOY AND THE COSSACK

Buy Roget&amp;#39;s Super Thesaurus Book Online at Low Prices in India | Roget&amp;#39;s  Super Thesaurus Reviews &amp;amp; Ratings - Amazon.in      New Websters Dictionary and Thesaurus of the English Language:  Publications, Lexicon: 9780717246076: Amazon.com: Books

Joey Woolfardis (North Yorkshire, Antarctica)&amp;#39;s review of Brave New World          book cover of An Incomplete Revenge

book cover of Among the Mad                book cover of The Mapping of Love and Death

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2021 at 11:15
These are coming in the mail....

Amazon.com: African Kaiser: General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Great  War in Africa, 1914-1918 (9780425283714): Gaudi, Robert: Books

I found a Brand New First edition of this...it's on the way....

8 Titles of Edgar Rice Burroughs Ballantine printing of | Etsy

Tarzan PB (1963-1964 Ballantine Novel) The Famous Tarzan Series comic books

TARZAN AND THE LOST EMPIRE by Burroughs, Edgar Rice [cover and title page  art by Frank Frazetta]: Very Good Mass Market Paperback (1962) First Thus.  | biblioboy                         

Edited by Son of Ed - August/15/2021 at 11:20
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2021 at 11:41

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/16/2021 at 08:21
I couldn't resist. I found one of these for $2.66.....    Big Grin

alan moorehead - the blue nile - AbeBooks

I've already got THE WHITE NILE.....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2021 at 14:22

Coming soon   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2021 at 09:01
Amazon.com: African Kaiser: General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Great  War in Africa, 1914-1918 (9780425283714): Gaudi, Robert: Books

Well, finished Tarzan and started on this history book about World War I in Africa...

I ordered a couple more books about Africa....

The Scramble for Africa: The White Man&amp;#39;s Conquest of the Dark Continent  from 1876 to 1912 by Thomas Pakenham

and

The Ghosts of Africa by William Stevenson

Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2021 at 16:59
have a read of “battle for the bundu”
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 46>
  Share Topic