OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Library books for bookworms...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 46>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2024 at 09:38
British Pork Pie Recipe - The Hedgecombers

I'm learning lots of stuff about Britain by reading all these English mysteries. My latest heroine bought a pork pie for lunch so I pulled one up to take a look at. 

Your Online Guide to Hosting A Downton Abbey Themed Party

They also have lots of dinner parties where everyone dresses up....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/31/2024 at 04:52
...still pounding away on PD James....I believe there has been a murder....this is my FOURTH PD James....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2024 at 22:17

This is real good. Typical PD James...she goes into minute detail about everything as the story inches along....I have a little trouble trying to picture what all the women are wearing even though she tells me in agonizing detail...but I try to figure out their outfits....the girls would get it. 

A man would notice that a woman was well dressed of course but I, for one, would not be able to DESCRIBE it. I would just say: "Oh...you look FINE!"

[My wife told me once after we were married 15 years that telling a woman that she looks FINE is NOT A GOOD COMPLIMENT....who knew? So....when your wife says: How do I look? you are supposed to say Oh, you look exquisite, adorable, You look so THIN....]  Whatever

Edited by Son of Ed - January/31/2024 at 03:48
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2024 at 09:57
Maybe the US should make the UK the 51st state!   Big Grin

* but then the Democrats would pull down all statues of Winston Churchill....
Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2024 at 04:09
Hay has a lovely literary festival.
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2024 at 19:03
Praktica BX20 | Praktica BX20 (1987-1990) Made in DDR by VEB… | Flickr

Many years ago I bought a Praktica camera from a "bloke" in England....Bucky

A great camera....Meghan's got it now in her COLLECTION....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2024 at 18:59
The Mystery of Marie Roget: Poe, Edgar Allan: 9781981188000: Amazon.com:  Books

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2024 at 18:58
Best bookstores in England to visit | Velvet Escape | Bookstore, Tours of  england, Book cafe

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2024 at 18:54
Yes, Scrummy, sometimes I buy books from Wales..... 

Hay-on-Wye - Wikipedia

And another place down on the Southern Coast....

Edited by Son of Ed - January/21/2024 at 19:04
Visit the Ed Show
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2024 at 07:34
I like Abe Books
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2024 at 09:23
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Umm.....I can't use Amazon because I can't remember my password from ten years ago.....so I use Abebooks.....   Bucky
You can reset your password, Ed...

That’s how Son of Ed started. 😉
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2024 at 08:31
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Umm.....I can't use Amazon because I can't remember my password from ten years ago.....so I use Abebooks.....   Bucky
You can reset your password, Ed...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/20/2024 at 07:43

👍👍
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2024 at 12:11
Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2024 at 09:52
Keeping the Amazon order takers busy!
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/19/2024 at 08:56

Just ordered this....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2024 at 10:13
The History of Mexico: Diego Riveras Murals at the National Palace  (article) | Khan Academy

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2024 at 10:11
Diego Rivera: What Are His Early Works? Why Are They Important? –  ARTnews.com

Here is the Diego Rivera painting that was used on the cover of The Cotton-Pickers by Elephant Paperbacks that I have. Painted in 1904.

I will have to look at more of his paintings. I know that he had done lots of murals in the old days.

The Ultimate Insiders Guide to a Diego Riveras Life &amp; Art in Mexico City  - The Creative Adventurer

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2024 at 05:49

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2024 at 18:38
I read "Five Years Later" today... the continuing saga of what happens to the United States after an EMP attack by North Korea and a "terrorist group" (probably Iran and several terror organizations) fomented by China and Russia.  (One Second After, One Year After, The Final Day, Five Years After... I expect to see another, plenty of room for a followup.  Awesome series with terrifying reality.  
I need more ammo, survival food, water, guns, ammo, fuel.  Got work to do...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 46>
  Share Topic