OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Got wrong scope back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2018 at 12:55
I called Paduccah Shooters Supply, which is where I had to send it. They in turn sent it to Remington, which makes no sense to me.

Guy said they will probably just replace the gun, and then send it back the Paduccah for them to test it before sending it to me. 

Seems like we could eliminate some shipping costs in this process. 

I said maybe I should call Remington. HE said, they won't tell you anything. 

I asked him what I could replace it with if the new one doesn't shoot well either. I said I am hunting with it, so its not a 1000 yard paper puncher, and he started talking about a slim profile barrel. 

I was like, that is why I liked this gun, fat barrel and not to heavy.
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/03/2018 at 11:21
Scope supposed to be delivered Monday!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/05/2018 at 08:18

on the rifle - maybe you can just get a refund from the dealer who's handling the return and buy something else?

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2018 at 10:37
I wish on the rifle. I'd probably get the Savage instead. 

I got the scope last night, WOW, its big. Much bigger than the ZA5. And heavy. But its a nice unit. Very nice. 
tpcollins View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/09/2018 at 12:06
I sent in a ZA5 with a loose ocular and they sent me a nice ZX5 2-10x45mm as a warranty replacement but it was the 30mm tube - looked like a ball bat sitting on my Ruger Ultralight. However, I was able to sell it for about $40 more than I invested in the ZA5.  Big Smile
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2018 at 11:36
Remington said they redid the crown on the muzzle, and something else in the chamber, and then sent the gun back to Paduccah. The guy said it shot .83 inch at 100 yrds with Remington 168gr match ammo. 

Thats about half the group size we were able to get before. But still no where close to what my 700BDL 270 does with Federal Premium 130gr Nosler BT's. 

I figure if I still have issues I will just sell it and get something else. But it may shoot better than that with a different ammo. Figures Remington would shoot their ammo in it. 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2018 at 12:14
.83 inch with a factory rifle is pretty darn good. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2018 at 12:36
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

agreed!!
take em!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2018 at 12:47
Yeah a better trigger, matched ammo, and a bedding job might just pull that in to .5 MOA
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2018 at 13:32
I have one 700 trigger that is tuned quite nicely without replacing. I guess I need a trigger scale
Doug
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2018 at 14:25
Originally posted by Tip69 Tip69 wrote:

Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

agreed!!

Lock the thread and call it a day.  Break Dance   Cheers 
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2018 at 08:58
It does need a trigger, the one that it has, even when adjusted as light as I can get it, still doesn't match my old 700 one I adjusted. 

I got the Talley rings in, scope is here, just waiting on the gun to see what happens. Man I bet it will weigh a ton........ 

But if it shoots good, then I guess it will be ok. I know it will weigh more with the At One stock over the cheapie hogue. I really wish someone made a good hunting one that was light, and the barrel channel fit. 

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2018 at 09:05
Magpul hunter stock isnt' bad IMO
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2018 at 09:44
Manners, Mcmillan, AG composites, or Christensen Arms, all make light carbon fiber stocks.  I am sure there are others as well.  Rem 700 has a tremendous amount of after market stocks. 

This Christensen arms stock is only $350.  https://christensenarms.com/product/carbon-fiber-composite-sporter-stock/
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2018 at 10:17
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2018 at 12:46
Boyds say the AT One weighs "about" 3 pounds. 

I know the gun was noticably heavier with it. 

I got a service ticket email from remington yesterday, so I guess that means they shipped my gun
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2018 at 16:59
Brother, your just over the double oak mountain from me if you have trouble with that 700 again I’ve got the gunsmith for you and he’d have it turned around in less than a month. A2 Precision!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2018 at 17:25
How about 10 3 shot groups at the same aiming point. When did 5 shot groups go out of fashion?

.83 ain’t bad for a hunting rifle.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2018 at 11:14
Well I got rifle back today. Not in original green box. Had some surface rust on barrel and a spot where I guess they had the barrel in a vise or something. WD40 seemed to get rid of it. They chamfered muzzle and lapped the barrel. 

Took it  in and had Mark's mount the scope and bore sight it, so it looks good now.... Just needs a better stock! 

I could see me selling the AT One and getting a full bed block Hogue too.  

And my target wasn't enclosed, so I guess I have to take their word for the accuracy claim. 

I did pick up some IMR 4064 over the weekend, so I may try to load some ammo for it some day soon. 
Tip69 View Drop Down
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2018 at 13:10
good luck and keep us posted on how she shoots!
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic