OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Got wrong scope back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got wrong scope back
    Posted: February/22/2018 at 20:18
Sent my Minox ZA5 off to have them replace the O-ring in behind the objective lense. Had to send it to Blaser USA for the repair, and then scope went to Germany. 

Came back today. Not in same box I sent it in. Pull scope out and it has dents in the main tube from the rings, right? FOR A LONG ACTION. Mine was in a DNZ 1 piece for a short action. I mean I don't know who mounted this scope, but dang........... 

I took a pic of the scope sitting next to the rings and shot it off in a email asking them what they planned to do because I was not happy. 

I guess some knucklehead is running around with my UNDENTED scope and happy as a clam, while I got his hoopdie beater model. 

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2018 at 20:28
Bummer man. That sucks. Let us know how it plays out
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 05:35
I'm pissed. All the trouble I have had with the gun and getting it to shoot right, I just pulled scope off and went through all the screws and redid them with lck Tite. I would have seen that. And I would have had to.moce the scope position to match the dents on this one.

And I removed it to send it in. I would have seen it.

And op top of that, mine has some super glue on one of the scope caps. This has none.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 06:33
That sucks, shouldn’t be an issue returning it and getting properly compensated,... you have the serial number of your original scope?,
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 07:44
Crap deal for sure.  i'm sure Minox will fix.  Keep us in the loop.  Sorry you got to wait longer.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 07:59
Just WOW. I'd be pissed too. Good luck getting it corrected.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 08:34
I called Blaser this am. Here is what I was told. 

Minox had a company in the states assemble the ZA line, and virtually all of them have had warranty issues. I gathered there is a legal battle going on right now. She said most likley they will replace it with a ZX version, which I know nothing about. I would wonder if the glass is as good as the glass in mine, which is Shott glass. 

Yes I have the original serial number. I scanned everything before I sent it in. 

I mean dang, a DNZ mount is machined out of a billet block of aluminum. All one  piece. This scope looks like it was mounted in walmart rings or something. 
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 08:44
The ZX line is 30MM so, my base is no good. That would limit me to a 2-10x50 most likely as the replacement. 

Not so great for a 308, mine was a 3-15x42. They have a 3-15x50. It says all their scopes come with option of illumination. 

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 08:46
ZX is better than ZA, do if they do that you will get a better scope.

ILya
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 10:33
I would look at the price delta between the 2-10 and the 3-15.  If I could get new mounts for less than the delta, I'd take the better scope in 3-15 and get new rings (base if needed.)

Back when Hudisco was servicing Hensoldt, they shipped me another guy's scope (mine was a 3-12x56, his was a 4-16.)  I called and said, "I need that scope for a shoot" and he said "just mount the 4-16 for now."  I was floored, never needed to send anything back to them, and never would have.

Ahh, the stories of warranty mess-ups, such fun!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 12:03
I got another fella's Burris binos one time. I also got mine back before I got around to calling them. They paid return shipping. I was surprised to see his were in worse shape than mine. I beat the crap out of everything.

My point is...I'm supposed to be doing something right now and I'm surfing forums instead. Bandito
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 13:40
Minox will take care of you. And unfortunately things happen, no ones perfect. I have a pair of Minox HG binos and they were missing the lens covers. Called Minox USA office and they next day shipped me some. I also received a package from their home office in Germany either a day later or two days later with lens covers. The individual I talked with wasn't sure if they had any at the USA office so they must have contacted the home office in Germany. To make sure I was taken care of.
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 08:58
They came back and offered me a ZX5 3-15X50 with german #4 reticle. 

So I said, nah, I will keep what I got...... NOT!!

That is gonna be a scope right there. YippeeYippeeYippeeYippeeYippee
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 09:17
Nice
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 11:55
Except it weighs 24 oz. 

Going on my 700 AAC-SD, assuming I ever get it back. With a Boyd's At-One. Dang thing is going to weigh 12 pounds...........

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2018 at 14:54
nice upgrade even though it did cost inconvenience.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 15:25
Yes now just waiting for Remington to send my rifle back......................

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 19:10
Good luck on that.....
Visit the Ed Show
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2018 at 07:45
Originally posted by Lockjaw Lockjaw wrote:

Yes now just waiting for Remington to send my rifle back......................

Any update on that with their bankruptcy and all?

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/28/2018 at 11:18
Now the banks own most of it.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic