OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

308 AR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 15:28
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

If you do not need too many rails, consider Brigand handguard.

ILya

There is no hand guard that is lighter, that’s for certain!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 15:32

RC tried to fix the spacing on your post.... Thanks for the insight.

Dont' need much by way of rails other than a rail on the bottom and maybe the ability to add on at the 3 or 9 position for a light..... don't believe I'll need full length or anything.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 15:33
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

If you do not need too many rails, consider Brigand handguard.

ILya

Them things is spendy!

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2018 at 15:51
Looks like the ATLAS has a few rails right at the end.

https://brigandarms.com/product/atlas/
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 09:31
7 ounces, wow.  I might have some concerns on durability and stuff getting caught in all that carbon webbing.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 10:01
Just wrap some Saran Wrap around it and you can have no worries. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 11:22
upper and lower arrived over the weekend, LPK from Aero arrived yesterday.... they don't include the 4-40 set screw for the spring and detent for the safety selector..... WTH?  Other than that like the upper and lower allot, the screw in pins for the forward assist and bolt catch are nice to keep from having to use a pin........ fit is nice, finish is nice.   There is a tensioning screw to help with lockup between lower and upper but its under the pistol grip and would have to be removed to adjust, guess once you set it you could Loctite it but after a while the polymer tip will settle and i'm sure need to be turned more.....
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 11:23
Uh-huh, that's what I want: a $400 rail system that requires duct tape and baling wire to do what I need.

They do look cool, and are super light weight.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 11:25
I am betting you got shorted.  The kit shows those parts with it on their picture.  I bet if you call them up they will send replacements. 

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 11:30
Looking more the 4-40 set screw is for the rear take down pin and is not in that picture.  Should come with the lower i bet though. 

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 12:46
I thought that as well ST.... the box that the lower came in stated on the box that it used a 4-40 set screw then a couple lines down said it used the screw for the bolt catch (Included) was beside it.... I don't think they include the 4-40.... I am calling though. just haven't had the time.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 12:49
Let me know what you find out.  Mine should be shipping to my FFL any day from Aero. 

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 13:01
The answer is no, they do not supply that set screw with lowers or LPK's from them even though they drill and tap their lowers for it? And they don't sell that set screw either.......  WTH Aero Precision
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 13:01
Wow, that is retarded.  Did they say where we get one?

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 13:02
I ordered a set of them ST.  PM your address I'll mail you one or two.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 13:03

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 13:05

That's the ones I ordered. 

I don't need 10..... if you want some let me know

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 13:07
Thanks Graham.  I have a bunch of stuff like that left over from Grandpa's stash.  Now that I see a pick of them I will see what he has.  If not I will hit you up.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 13:08

ok, just let me know

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2018 at 13:33
Did they say how long they need to be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic