OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Styrka optics s3 3x9

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaska_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Styrka optics s3 3x9
    Posted: February/17/2018 at 02:03
I did a short review of this scope. After talking to Tim at vortex and explaining my troubles with their scopes he agreed with my statements about theirnon forgiving eye relief and side to side movement and there wasn't really any scope they made that would get me what I was looking for. After 8 years I am switching brands...

I haven't made up my mind on who i am planning to switch to, but I did buy a vx3i 3.5-10 with wind plex reticle and cds. I also ran across this styrka optic and was really impressed.

Anyone here have first hand experience with them?
alaska_guy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaska_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2018 at 02:06
Here is my review. I try and show the difference between the styrka and the vortex diamondback at the end. https://youtu.be/dUj0WBBPdyc
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2018 at 08:32
Originally posted by alaska_guy alaska_guy wrote:

Here is my review. I try and show the difference between the styrka and the vortex diamondback at the end.https://youtu.be/dUj0WBBPdyc 
Visit the Ed Show
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2018 at 08:34
Forget the Chinese stuff.  Did you check out Tract?  
probably View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probably Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2018 at 10:56
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Here is my review. I try and show the difference between the styrka and the vortex diamondback at the end.https://youtu.be/dUj0WBBPdyc 

everybody always likes the box. 
alaska_guy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alaska_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2018 at 12:27
Tract? Is that a new company? Or were you referring to tracking? I do not have any experience behind thus scope. Any helpful information would be appreciated.... From my reading these guys may be using the same factory as the Athlon scopes?
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2018 at 14:12
In addition to here, I would also refer you to Ilya Koshkin's website... Optics Thoughts. He details several "considerations". 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
urbaneruralite View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbaneruralite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2018 at 09:47
Those magnet boxes are sweet. I have a couple that chinese flashlights were shipped in.
probably View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probably Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2018 at 14:32
Originally posted by urbaneruralite urbaneruralite wrote:

Those magnet boxes are sweet. I have a couple that chinese flashlights were shipped in.

I have one that came with a cheap chinese 'tactical' laser. It has a pretty picture on the box and closes with an authoritative 'snick' sound.  Long after the laser itself broke, the box still provides hours of enjoyment, snicking and unsnicking open and shut.   Before I bought the thing I read the reviews. Not much was said about the laser itself, but several reviewers mentioned how impressive the box was.   
probably View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote probably Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2018 at 15:01

I did a short review of this scope. After talking to Tim at vortex and explaining my troubles with their scopes he agreed with my statements about theirnon forgiving eye relief and side to side movement and there wasn't really any scope they made that would get me what I was looking for. After 8 years I am switching brands...

I haven't made up my mind on who i am planning to switch to, but I did buy a vx3i 3.5-10 with wind plex reticle and cds. I also ran across this styrka optic and was really impressed.

Anyone here have first hand experience with them?

I'm not a leupold fan, but for the price the vx3i is a known quantity with an established reputation....as is nikon.  I'd suggest looking hard at those because you know what you are getting.  I used to have access to the entry level styrkas at a friend's gun shop, and I did not hear much positive.  But with optics it's the whole ford & chevy thing.  Just go with what works for you personally, not with what other people like.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic