OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Glock 19x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glock 19x
    Posted: January/30/2018 at 09:41
It seems to me they did it backwards.  Why would you want to go a shorter barrel and a longer grip.  You loose sight radius and now it is harder to conceal.  I think a 19 frame with a 17 slide/barrel would be much more desirable. 

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 10:03
maybe think suppressed? shorter overall... but then again you want it to come threaded?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 10:08

Cause the younger generation of gun buyers are mostly gamers also. The mentality that anything less than max possible rounds is unappealing. And truth is sights are useless in a fire fight. That is why I encourage those that I train to practice point fire. And I suppose if you were confronted with a gang situation more than 8 rds would be a good thing. Provided ofcourse you live long enough to use them.

And as much as I dislike plastic guns, the Glocks have well proven their place in the game. The thought of that lighter plastic thing is starting to gain some appeal............

Salute!

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 11:12
Seeing what it was in the first place, Glock’s entry into the MHS pistol competition trials. I think you have to look at what is, a secondary duty weapon. Which will be used in conjunction with a long gun, so concealability is not really an issue.
I personally prefer the 17 frame over the 19, as far as grip is concerned. But then sitting in the wheelchair hiding a 17 is not an issue for me
Regards Chris
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 11:15
Big Smile

Edited by mike650 - February/05/2018 at 17:34
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 12:25
Originally posted by Glock Glock wrote:

Seeing what it was in the first place, Glock’s entry into the MHS pistol competition trials. I think you have to look at what is, a secondary duty weapon. Which will be used in conjunction with a long gun, so concealability is not really an issue.
I personally prefer the 17 frame over the 19, as far as grip is concerned. But then sitting in the wheelchair hiding a 17 is not an issue for me

But that goes back to the same thing.  If it is a duty weapon and concealability is not the intent, why handicap the shooter by less of sight radius. 

I have been taught in all the classes I have taken to use the sights as much as possible.  I personally shoot better with with a longer sight radius, especially when you get beyond 10 yards. 

Concealing the grip is always the hardest part for me.  I had a couple 23's for a few years.  Loved the grip length as it was super easy to conceal, but always longed for the longer barrel. 

Maybe it simply as Sarge said.  More rounds in your gun is their #1 want.  I am sure Glock did it for a reason.  Just a backwards one IMO.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 12:48
Just get a Sig P320 full size and compact, then swap barrels and slides. Then you've got the grip and slide you want, it points better, and it wont beat the hell out of your trigger fingerStiring The Pot

Or you could get a compact and buy a barrel and slide kit from Sig, or a full size and full size slide kit.........
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 12:54
Reminds me of a Sig P220 Carry.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 12:59
I am not going to buy one.  I have plenty of handguns, I was just curious of everyone's thoughts on this one. 

Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2018 at 13:52
I have to agree on the longer sight radius, my issue now is my crappy eyes are making it harder and harder to use open sights. The joys of getting old 🙈
Regards Chris
Lockjaw View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lockjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2018 at 16:49
I have a G17 and I love it, but it is not a concealed carry gun for me. The G19 is better, but its not much smaller to me. I like the G26, but I can't get a hold of it. I am not a fan of the Gen lV guns or later, I don't like the stuff on the grip. Hate that to rub on some bare skin.... ouch. Yeah I know. 

So what does one do? I have a Kahr, and an LC9. The Kahr is smaller. The LC9 is thinner, and holds an extra round. Still 7 or 8 rounds of 9mm BPLE +p+ is better than nothing. Or a 380. 

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2018 at 17:14
I just carry a full size 1911.  haha

Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2018 at 17:53
I’m not big enough my H&K P7 PSP is just my size.

But a touch heavy.
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 07:51

Weight doesn't play a factor when carrying something as fine as a P7 IMO... I know when I carry mine I could also carry other guns that would hold more and weigh less but I'm still infatuated with the P7 that it has a front line in the rotation of daily carrys.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 08:13
The 19X was spec'd  by the FBI and also adopted by the Marines. The Marines are riflemen so a pistol is a CQB weapon of last resort, so a short barrel and high capacity are important to them. The FBI on the other hand, are dimensionally challenged, and to us, their 3 inch barrels are 5 inches long to them (yeah that's a dig).
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 09:49
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

The 19X was spec'd  by the FBI and also adopted by the Marines. The Marines are riflemen so a pistol is a CQB weapon of last resort, so a short barrel and high capacity are important to them. The FBI on the other hand, are dimensionally challenged, and to us, their 3 inch barrels are 5 inches long to them (yeah that's a dig).

That sounds about right.

I'll be skipping this 19x as well.

I need to do some research, figure out who will do a 19 frame and a 17 slide, it won't win quick-draw contests, but if I get into one of those, I'll not be a stationary target standing in the middle of freak'in Main street.

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 10:01
Lone wolf has the compact frame and you can buy an adapter to run the 17 slides. 

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 11:31
I've had some issues with LoneWolf responsiveness, I'm thinking about having someone do the fitting for me.

Surely, with all that can be done with a glock, someone is offering a 19L.  Or should I sell the glock and get an HK P30L, which is a damn fine gun.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2018 at 12:04
Sell the Glock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic