OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ***THE OFFICIAL OT WHISK(E)Y DRINKERS THREAD***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

***THE OFFICIAL OT WHISK(E)Y DRINKERS THREAD***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 47>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2020 at 09:02
Chewed your way out did ya....  Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2020 at 19:42
Eduardo now has to wear a mask when he goes into the liquor store....

....although they do deliver now!! Thanks to The Plague. 
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2020 at 17:10
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2020 at 17:13
Your favorite B&amp;W Movies - The Optics Talk Forums - Page 89

Our Min of Home Affairs Please note - The Optics Talk Forums

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2020 at 07:18
I've been ready to "final assemble" the bar my wife and I are building for my study for a couple of weeks now.  Perfectionist that she is, my wife is still sanding and revarnishing day by day.  I thought we would finish yesterday... after 8 hours of sanding, one panel of three,is ready for the next coat... and may have to be sanded again.  The front, largest panel, has not even begun being sanded, yet (nor the third panel).  But the frame is ready...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2020 at 11:26
The Great Escape - Wow GIF by boomunderground.com | Gfycat

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2020 at 19:47

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2020 at 05:29
We better get the dozen pack.   
Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2020 at 11:33
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

We better get the dozen pack.   
Exactly what I thought... 

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2020 at 19:50
For those who don't know, TODAY is National Daiquiri Day.  Ed...

I'd like mine with Havana Club, thank you...

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2020 at 12:16
Teddy Roosevelt Leads The Charge Of The Rough Riders At The Battle ...

" Let's have a Cuba LibrĂ©! "   

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2020 at 21:35
Craigellachie 13...
Here is a "professional" review of it by "The Meade Mule" (whoever that is):
Nose

Lemon custard and key lime pie. Butterscotch and salted caramel. Vanilla cream. Milk chocolate. A touch floral, with hints of lavender. Newly baled hay. Melted butter. White wine. Deli meats.

Palate

Big, full, and fairly complex. Honey. Vanilla. Lemon custard. Marzipan. Sour funk. Cereal grains. Rich, roasted maltiness. Fresh banana. Apple juice. Sulphuric meatiness, with hints of salami and roast beef. Chocolate covered coffee beans. Hints of faded sherry oak.

Finish

Medium to long, with lingering sweetness. Marzipan. Key lime pie. Baked pineapple. Banana Runts. Brown sugar. A touch of chocolate. A little malty, a little funky, a little sour.

I was going through my stock, getting ready for setting up my new bar.  Found the Craigellachie which I had forgotten I had, it was in the back of my storage area and I've not seen it for a while.  Thought I would pour a dram and refresh my memory...  I read the review after my tasting.

I did not get the lemon custard upfront... for me, it showed up at the end.  All the other things, were pretty much right on, for me.  It IS very complex... many different tastebud delights... I really like it.  Most interesting to me is that the smoky, peaty hint is there, but does not overpower the softer, sweeter tastes in any way.  Vanilla is definitely Madagascar flavor, and there is an undercurrent of heather (honey... for those unfamiliar with heather flavors).  Floral notes weave in and out... hard to capture WHAT they are... I did not get the lavender.  Chocolate, Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, key lime pie... got all those.  Banana runts... don't know what that tastes like.  There is a caramel flavor in the finish that is excellent.  I get a little Grand Marnier.  Perhaps just a difference in taste buds.  

What I can say is that this is a moderately priced Scotch that is just excellent.  Would go marvelously with a spicy Havana Romeo y Julieta Churchills, even a Cohiba Esplendido or a Davidoff of almost any persuasion.  Any cigar one likes would go well with this Scotch.  Every sip is an explosion of flavors that are very enjoyable to try to separate and identify.  

Good, very good...

Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2020 at 09:18
Love Glenlivet...
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2020 at 10:27
Eduardo... it's National Tequila Day... you'll need your sombrero.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2020 at 17:56
Why adult beverages are so expensive in Alabama:

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2020 at 10:22
They asked Eduardo how did he like the "finish" of the Cruzan rum........

( he said he'd better get another bottle! )     Big Grin

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2020 at 10:25
Johnnys 4th of July Monologue, 1975 - YouTube

" The last time Eduardo tried to savor the "finish" of the Cruzan rum he got his tongue stuck in the neck of the bottle..."     

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2020 at 17:22
Eduardo, you've "hit the jackpot".  I didn't know there was one, but this is, for the WHOLE MONTH, National Rum Month.  
Let the debauchery begin...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2020 at 17:21
Just made the first Hemingway Daiquiri I've made since departing the Playboy Club.  However, I could not find any Havana Club Anejo Blanco (or any Havana Club) so settled for Flor de Cana 7.  Quite satisfying.  I can still mix a drink...
The Hemingway is the only daiquiri I really like, but I'm partial to ruby grapefruit.  
So, SALUT to National Rum Month... long live National Rum Month...

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2020 at 07:51
I sprinkle of little bit of raspberry lemonade in my rum.   
Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 47>
  Share Topic