OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Photo Contest #45, December, 2017 - Christmas Joy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Photo Contest #45, December, 2017 - Christmas Joy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photo Contest #45, December, 2017 - Christmas Joy
    Posted: December/06/2017 at 15:30
Photographs displaying the Traditional Joy of Christmas.   
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2017 at 19:22
Gonna be hard to get a photo of Sweet Baby Jesus, but I will keep my eyes open and camera handy.
-Matt
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2017 at 21:32
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Gonna be hard to get a photo of Sweet Baby Jesus, but I will keep my eyes open and camera handy.

That's the idea… just keep working on it...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2017 at 12:39
I'd enter one of my own beaming mug at my kids' band concert last night...if it wouldn't break the OT website or even the whole Internet.
Reaction time is a factor...
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2017 at 21:23

My daughter's snowman.  Snow in SE Texas is very rare so we capitalize whenever possible. 
Stamp collecting since 2015
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2017 at 09:53
Now THAT is traditional Christmas joy… great.

Christmas trees, decorated store windows/fronts, city streets decorated, people shopping, carolers singing (don't see many of those anymore), ice sculptures… whatever brings joy, happiness, Christmas Spirit…

Love the snowman...

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2017 at 20:41
Traditional:

Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2017 at 07:04
This was the old homestead right after 12+ inches of unheard of snow in Ga. This stuff fell on 12/8 and still some on the ground.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2017 at 07:31
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

This was the old homestead right after 12+ inches of unheard of snow in Ga. This stuff fell on 12/8 and still some on the ground.

wow looks like a postcard...

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2017 at 19:21
It always brings me a lot of joy to be able to engage in my traditional deer hunt during the Christmas holidays. This year, a dusting of snow in Texas on Dec 23rd added to the yuletide feel.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2017 at 20:23
Very nice
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2017 at 07:00
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

It always brings me a lot of joy to be able to engage in my traditional deer hunt during the Christmas holidays. This year, a dusting of snow in Texas on Dec 23rd added to the yuletide feel.

Whether hunting or "just looking", that is a joyous sight...

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2017 at 19:44
Christmas with Family ..... and Ugly Santa
Taken by my Wife.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/31/2017 at 20:17

The photo quality is poor but the subject, (a finished project) though not 'traditional" was as much a joy for me as it was for my girls who got one each. My wife for Christmas and my daughter on her birthday (12/27).

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2018 at 11:08
What happened to 3tens entry for the poll?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2018 at 19:19

That's odd.............and didn't intend for mine to be an entry. Was just commenting on my joy of having finished that project. My bad!!

Can ya'll switch his in for mine???

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 12:04
Congrats Sucker76, you won December's Photo Contest! Great job!

Choose a new theme for January 2018 and introduce the theme in a new thread using the thread title format we've been using for previous months.

Thanks for participating! We need more participation!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 12:12
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

That's odd.............and didn't intend for mine to be an entry. Was just commenting on my joy of having finished that project. My bad!!

While we certainly want folks to post as many interesting photos as possible in the Photography section, please don't post a photo in a Photo Contest thread if you don't intend for it to be used for the contest. We have no way of knowing your intent, and even if you mention in the thread you don't intend for it to be an entry, we may miss your comments. This just creates confusion when creating a poll. Please start a new thread and reference the contest theme it relates to if you want to post a related photo but don't wish to include it as a contest entry. 
Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 12:15
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

What happened to 3tens entry for the poll?

Oops!

If in the future, someone's photo accidentally gets left out, please PM whomever created the poll to get corrected asap. 
Ted

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2018 at 14:25
3_tens did not take the photo… OT member must take the photo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic