OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rings for Tikka

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gozarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rings for Tikka
    Posted: September/09/2006 at 14:19
Hey Chris, I want to buy a set of Talley Lightweight aluminum rings from you for a Tikka rifle but the ring in picture doesn't have the grroove cut in it for the top of the receiver on the rifle.  It's number 930714.  This is for a brand new Tikka, not an older one.  I think Tikka and Sako have the same size rail cut into the top of the receiver but I'm not sure.  Any advice?
mlipski01 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlipski01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2006 at 07:36

I recently purchased a Tikka in a 6.5 X 55 SE and threw out the rings that came with the rifle. The screws were very soft and stripped when I installed them. Anyway, I used the Talley Lightweight rings 930714 that you are considering. These rings do not use the rail cut into the side of the receiver but bolt in using the 4 drilled and tapped scope mounting holes on top. These holes have plastic plugs, not metal screws, so you will have to very carefully punch them into the receiver. Remember to retrieve these plastic plugs.

The Talley mounts worked very well !!

gozarian View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gozarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2006 at 01:10

gozarian View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gozarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2006 at 01:11
Thanks for the info, I'll order a set!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic