OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Question on ring height

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on ring height
    Posted: September/09/2006 at 08:51

I found this forum while searching for a rifle scope a couple of weeks back and I must say I am very impressed with the knowledge of the members here. While I am not new to guns and optics all of my current and previous rifles had either been iron sights or had scopes already mounted on them when purchased so I was hoping for some help.

I have a Remington 700 LTR .308 that has a Warne 1 piece tactical base on it that I was looking to put a scope on. I am looking at a few scopes on the Samplelist and the Nikon Tactical 4-16x50 and the Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Conquest are two I am considering. I am considering going with Warne rings as well and I know that one of the scopes is 30mm and the other is a 1" tube. My question is with the base I already have on the gun what height rings would be the right ones (for the 50mm objective lens on the above scopes) and are ring heights uniform between companies? Is a Warnre med., hi, extra hi the same height as Leupolds?

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2006 at 11:26
Originally posted by cosmo cosmo wrote:

I found this forum while searching for a rifle scope a couple of weeks back and I must say I am very impressed with the knowledge of the members here. While I am not new to guns and optics all of my current and previous rifles had either been iron sights or had scopes already mounted on them when purchased so I was hoping for some help.

I have a Remington 700 LTR .308 that has a Warne 1 piece tactical base on it that I was looking to put a scope on. I am looking at a few scopes on the Samplelist and the Nikon Tactical 4-16x50 and the Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Conquest are two I am considering. I am considering going with Warne rings as well and I know that one of the scopes is 30mm and the other is a 1" tube. My question is with the base I already have on the gun what height rings would be the right ones (for the 50mm objective lens on the above scopes) and are ring heights uniform between companies? Is a Warnre med., hi, extra hi the same height as Leupolds?

Welcome to The OT!!

I'm guessing medium Warne rings with a 50mm objective. The tube size won't matter.

Koshkin will probably see this thread and give you a better idea. He likes Warne rings a lot and will steer you right.

Where's Ring Master been hanging out lately???

RM's a Warne rep that comes by from time to time. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic