OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Apple Customer Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple Customer Service
    Posted: October/13/2017 at 20:29
I realize Apple may be a bad name to some....I got started with an iPhone from work a while back and was pretty simple.  Then we got an iPad....next a new iPhone, upgrades, wife iPhone, iPads for kids etc and it took off like crazy.

I have been using my 10 year old plus gateway for well...10 plus years and getting blue screen of death.  Decided to get an iMac...which is awesome.  Syncs so easy with phone, can put photos on here so much faster than before, and looks amazing.  

Now, wife got an Apple Watch somewhere during this mess of apple products...anyways the screen cracked for pretty much no reason.  No damage, no impact, and she is a fitness buff so she was distraught.  I called apple, they had me a shipping box from fed ex the next day after talking to them....put watch in it and sent out the following day.  The day after I sent it out, the new replacement arrived...that is insanely fast all the way around.  No hassle, heres your new watch and thank you.

Anyway, my shameless plug for apple products and service.  pretty impressed to be honest on how fast I got to talk to a real person when I called, and how professionally and quick it was resolved.  
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2017 at 21:18
I'm a windows/PC/anything but Apple guy but gotta give credit where credit is due.  Apple has made a good product that most anyone can use.  Their customer support is fantastic.  My biggest rub is iTunes.  I HATE it.  I think I'm actually too stupid to use an easy to use product.  Using iTunes I feel like a diesel mechanic working on a Ferrari. 
Stamp collecting since 2015
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2017 at 06:33
I have nothing but good dealings with Apple. I have an iPhone, iPad, and iMac. When I did have to call CS, I got right through and dealt with an English speaking nice lady. Her boss even contacted me the following day to make sure all was good. Can’t ask for better service than that!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2017 at 09:40
I also have had excellent dealings with Apple....All 6 times my Iphone 6 Plus went tits up. Big Grin
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2017 at 10:08
I like the hardware. It looks good, feels good and has always been durable for me. I had to spend a few times at "the store" because of soda pop spills on two different notebooks (daughters!). Only one time was the  damage not repairable and they gave me a nice coupon.
I still do not like their OS and I have had many years to adapt to IPhone and notebooks.
Doug
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2017 at 16:05
It sure is nice for taking pictures of guns or whatever. Plug phone in, import and resize photo, and your done. Had never needed to call and was amazed...sounds like my experience is the norm which is frankly incredible.

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2017 at 16:13
Originally posted by JLud JLud wrote:

Plug phone in, import and resize photo, and your done.

...as does Droid
Doug
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2017 at 16:42
I despise Apple user interfaces. They generally make no sense to me.

I can wade my way through when I have to, but that is basically it. Some software is only available for Apple products, so I have an iPad for that.

Aside from that, I will not touch an Apple product with a ten foot pole.

I have used their customer service at a local Apple store and it was kinda like watching chimpanzees operate heavy machinery: very discomforting and lots of damage everywhere.

ILya

Edited by koshkin - October/14/2017 at 18:02
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2017 at 16:43
good to know, when I would connect phone to my old gateway it was a bear to actually get pics off it.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2017 at 23:41
The Androids are malware magnets. There is hardly a week goes by that i don’t get an email about the latest android vulnerability. I bet they are at least 10 to 1 over iPhones. We have customers who get hacked on their androids but not a single one yet on an iPhone.

From a security standpoint i will stick to the iPhones.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic