OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Photography > Hot Shots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Solar Eclipse 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solar Eclipse 2017
    Posted: August/21/2017 at 14:12
cell phone shots.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2017 at 17:19
Wow.....I didn't try to take anything with my cell phone....I thought it might go blind.....
Visit the Ed Show
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2017 at 21:27
Really cool.  Are the clouds the only "filter"?
Stamp collecting since 2015
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2017 at 11:09
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

Wow.....I didn't try to take anything with my cell phone....I thought it might go blind.....

Or catch fire. The sensors in cameras are very sensitive to light and after a brief moment from contact with the sun can ruin a camera. With continuous contact could overload the entire camera and catch fire, like a magnifying glass and ants. 
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2017 at 11:26
it was the clouds as a filter. I tried to use the glasses but it wouldn't take correct.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2017 at 11:28
I thought you would have a good view of it. We had 75% coverage here and it was less hot. Very cool pic Brandon. 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2017 at 14:54
I tried to take a picture of the total eclipse with my phone, but it appeared as just a black blob. My cousin tried video mode with his phone and it worked for a little while, then his phone shut down and was over heating. He tried the eclipse glasses over the lens of the phone, but that didn't work either.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/23/2017 at 07:23
Ed, it is safe to take a picture of the sun using your cellphone.....you must just do it at night when the sun is not so bright.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2017 at 12:56
You just make things seem so simple Wouter!
God save the Empire!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic