OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Can't buy anymore guns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't buy anymore guns
    Posted: August/06/2017 at 15:11
Well fella's, i hit a serious dilema today. I have had my 6.8 spc in pieces for a while so it has not been in my safe. I bought a six5 barrel from ar-15performance the other week. Its a 6.5 wilcat using 6.8 spc brass. So i replaced my 6.8 barrel with the six5. Went to put it in my safe and it is completely full. There is no possible way to squeeze another gun in there. I got the six5 in, but thats it. Even my pistol rack on the door is full up. Apparently i bought a few guns since i took it apart.

So i guess my gun buying days are past. Its been a good run. Bought my first gun at 9 years old. Mowed lawns all summer to get that rifle. Ruger 10-22, and for 29 years since i've been buying and buying. Now i guess i can spend thousands of dollars per year on something else. My wife is going to be so excited.

Edited by supertool73 - August/06/2017 at 15:16
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2017 at 15:29
Haha, I hear ya.. I 'm just about there right now, rifles leaning on one another.... I should be able to squeeze in one more... barely... and will... Big Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2017 at 16:08
I had that problem so I just purchased another safe. Problem solved.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2017 at 17:12
Same: filled one safe, bought another.

You ain't trying nearly hard enough!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2017 at 17:17
For sure!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2017 at 17:18
I told my wife and she laughed and said you obviously haven't asked for my help yet. I can always fit one more thing.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2017 at 19:08
When that happened to me, I just bought another safe.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2017 at 06:20
No Ted, you bought another house... then a BIG safe!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2017 at 12:32
WHEW! I was afraid you got caught beating your wife.

There are several solutions to your current problem That will allow you to continue to purchase firearms. Here are just a few, but common ideas.
1, First, your safe is full, not your house. Before safes became popular, people actually just kept the arms in their house. Now they could be stored in various manners around the house such as unloaded in the corner of a closet, or hidden in some out of the way part of the house. Disassembled and spread throughout the house so that if a thief broke in he may not be able to leave with a complete gun. Just stack them up anywhere in the house because you rarely leave, you have a fenced yard full of Pitbulls, and everyone knows Mr. Jones is crazy and will shoot anyone that comes in his yard and always has a loaded gun within arms reach. I mean really, before we got all scared about keeping guns in our homes because we were afraid some burglar would break in and steal them because the courts wouldn't keep the goblins locked up, we just kept them in our homes where ever we wanted. Now we feel like we can't own a gun unless it's locked in a box. Now the thieves just come prepared to take a big metal box and open it later.
2. You could take inventory of what you have, and determine if there are a few that could be sold because you don't use them, or want them anymore. You may find that selling guns can be fun, and you can always use the new found money to buy more guns.
3.You can buy another safe; but don't buy one to handle the over flow. Buy one to hold your current collection and then some, and keep the old safe for the overflow. If you have to have a safe, then make sure it is top notch in security and fire protection, and make sure it is solidly secured to the home.
4. Build a safe room in or onto your house. Something solid that will survive criminal assault, storms, and other disasters, and be sure to get a proper door for it. This way you can always tell the wife that you're building it for the families safety when she sees the bill.
There are more solutions than these, and not all are suitable to everyone. I mean it's just hard to see someone else fondle one of your gun children, especially knowing you may never see them again.
It might be hard scarring the bejezzus out of the neighbors if they're not afraid of you now. A new safe or vault may be the best option. While expensive now, just think of the fun you'll have filling it.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2017 at 14:17
Wait, wait, wait: it's a trap! Do not let her rearrange your safe, else it'll go similar to your rearranging her shoes - why does a woman need 5 pair of black shoes?

My marriage works because she leaves my gun safes alone, I leave her jewelry alone. And her best jewelry is in a safe - that she can't open. Job security!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2017 at 15:22
Problem with another safe is I don't have room for another safe in my house.  So I actually might have to stop for a while. 

Most of the guns I have sold, I regret selling.  So I doubt I will part with any of them.

We plan on building a new house sometime in the next few years.  Might just have to hold tight til then. 

Sometimes I think it would be nice to start from scratch again and just have a few guns.  But then I try to decide which ones I would want and I end up pretty close to where I am at now.  Bucky

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2017 at 15:30
Then just sell your current safe, but a bigger one for now, and when you build your new house, build it with a steel reinforced concrete vault with a quality vault door in it. You can either sell the new safe, or use it for a bedroom safe.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2017 at 19:33
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Well fella's, i hit a serious dilema today. I have had my 6.8 spc in pieces for a while so it has not been in my safe. I bought a six5 barrel from ar-15performance the other week. Its a 6.5 wilcat using 6.8 spc brass. So i replaced my 6.8 barrel with the six5. Went to put it in my safe and it is completely full. There is no possible way to squeeze another gun in there. I got the six5 in, but thats it. Even my pistol rack on the door is full up. Apparently i bought a few guns since i took it apart.

So i guess my gun buying days are past. Its been a good run. Bought my first gun at 9 years old. Mowed lawns all summer to get that rifle. Ruger 10-22, and for 29 years since i've been buying and buying. Now i guess i can spend thousands of dollars per year on something else. My wife is going to be so excited.

Related image

Visit the Ed Show
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2017 at 10:35
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Problem with another safe is I don't have room for another safe in my house.  So I actually might have to stop for a while. 

Most of the guns I have sold, I regret selling.  So I doubt I will part with any of them.

We plan on building a new house sometime in the next few years.  Might just have to hold tight til then. 

Sometimes I think it would be nice to start from scratch again and just have a few guns.  But then I try to decide which ones I would want and I end up pretty close to where I am at now.  Bucky

I have plenty of room for another safe. In fact my wife wants me to add on to the house. Her idea is to build a concrete reinforced room with a vault style door. Plus put in an elevator for her to go up to her sewing room. So Send me you not as often used firearms to be stored. Off site storage will insure the safety from western states commies.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2017 at 11:11
Lile, where you live, you need a reinforced concrete room just for the weather.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2017 at 13:16
Image result for aurora utah

Related image

Image result for aurora utah

Visit the Ed Show
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2017 at 16:45
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Lile, where you live, you need a reinforced concrete room just for the weather.
Sometimes the weather works to my advantage.Big Smile
 It would help when she finds another firearm she didn't know about . I can say that one is another of Jason's. We need to work together.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2017 at 16:58
Image result

" Why don't you keep some guns at the bank....that way your wife won't be inclined to poison your afternoon tea..." 

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2017 at 16:59
Image result for alfred hitchcock tea time

Visit the Ed Show
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2017 at 13:55
I have a savage short action sitting on my workbench.  I have been sitting here plotting building another rifle.  Getting a Critierion prefit and another manners carbon fiber stock.  Then I remembered I cannot fit any more guns in my safe.  Damnit. Really Sad

It was even for a good cause.  My 4 year old boy needs a hunting rifle and then I could use it for the next 8 to 10 years before it is his. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic